Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
All of us in the office are playing Ghosts this week, so we thought we would celebrate with a COD sale :D

MAS prices should be changes soon. :apple:

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Is COD 4:Modern Warfare worth it for $10 for someone who's never played a COD game? I also never pay full-price for a game. :)

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
Is COD 4:Modern Warfare worth it for $10 for someone who's never played a COD game? I also never pay full-price for a game. :)

COD 4 was the last good COD. It is the first game to have some of things that make modern COD annoying, but much more mild.

The Mac version seems to have a strong following as well, so you will not have trouble finding an online game.

COD 2 is also a must buy, though I don't have it for mac though. Best COD by far. The excellent campaign felt more real and gritty and less cinematic BS like modern COD games.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
All of us in the office are playing Ghosts this week, so we thought we would celebrate with a COD sale :D

MAS prices should be changes soon. :apple:

Never mind playing Call of Duty Ghosts! You should be hard at working porting it to the Mac, after you are finished porting Black OPS 2 that is. Now, get to work!

And, speaking of work... I noticed when checking my Mac games list on Steam that United Offensive now displays when I show Mac games only which is a new development. However, I do not see any Steamplay designation on the Steam Store page. Does this mean that at long last, United Offensive is getting ported to Mac too? Please say yes and make me very happy since I never got around to it yet. This would be goodness. :D

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
I'd prefer to have Ghosts ASAP, compared to BLOPS2, I never got anything after MW though. :p

Norkusa

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Is there any USB controller support in COD4? I just bought it from the App store and I can't get my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 to work with it. Don't see any gamepad settings anywhere in-game either.

MarkDK2

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
Is there any USB controller support in COD4? I just bought it from the App store and I can't get my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 to work with it. Don't see any gamepad settings anywhere in-game either.

COD 4 was only intended for use with keyboard and mouse, however you can get an app from the app store called Joystick Mapper in order to use a controller with COD. Seems to work pretty well and they just updated it for Mavericks.
Comes with several pre-configured button layouts and then there are other presets from the community that you can download and run. I use it with a PS3 controller and I would assume should work with yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.