Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Weird thing going on here, ever since the last update, Safari has been performing terribly. When I do a speed test, it times out, or when I load a webpage it often requires 2-3 times pressing enter to load the web page.

I tested speed tests via Comcast in (my ISP) in Safari, and when loading their speed test or Ookla's, I get 75-90 ms ping time, and 3-20 mbps and often times the speed test will just time out.

When I use Chrome or Firefox, I get 8-10ms ping times, and 50-60mbps with no timeouts or page load failures.

Any idea what's going on here? Clearly the issue is related to Safari, just not sure where to go with this one.

ianjh

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2013
Norfolk, UK
Yes, much the same with me. I removed this file...
Database.sqlite3
... as detailed here...
http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29562-safari-5-freezing-fix-for-osx-users/

...it has improved a little, but WHY when there is a major update do all the 'basic' things seem to take a step backward.

Make one wonder whether all the 'beta testers' use their time playing with the new features and neglect compatibility - this sort of thing happens after every update.

Ian (Norfolk UK)

proudmomof2

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2013
I've been having the exact same issues for the past couple of days. So frustrating. :mad: Good to know it's not just me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.