Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tlink91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Im not sure whether this is the correct place for this thread but as since this is related to Mavericks and the rMBP I might as well post it here and have it moved later if needed. Just today I let my macbook run to zero juice in the battery and just figured to check if it was really out I'd power it on. And this is the screen I was greeted with (in the picture below)! Maybe everyone is aware of this, but if not I thought I'd share as I've never seen this before. Just goes to show further that iOS and OSX are merging, because as far as I'm aware this is the screen you get when an iPad or iPhone are out of juice and you try to power them on.

tlink91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Seems the image didn't upload, will try in the reply...

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 182

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
I doubt this has anything to do with Mavericks… I first noticed this with the mid-2013 MBA with ML 10.8.5 installed...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've seen this before on my MBP. I don't think its a sign that the iOS and OSX are merging.

FWIW, iOS came from OSX so obviously they share a lot in common anyways.

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
They're just using things that people are familiar with. It's not a bad thing...

tlink91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Ah! Alright, fair enough then, I've just never witnessed this myself previously as I just came from a 2008 Alu Unibody Macbook with Mavericks and switched to a 13" rMBP, so its still all new to me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.