Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:32 PM   #1
tunerX
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Mavericks SMB problem

For me SMB2 can be used to mount shared drives and start copy operations but will fail about 99 percent of the way through saying the file is in use.

I have read problems that SMB2 fails to mount some network shares. My shares mount but copy/move/rename/delete operations fail.

Switching to SMB1 allows me to complete all functions.
__________________
2x 3825|2x 2811|1x 2851|4x 3560-8PC|1x 3560G-24PS|4x 7961G|2X 7962G
i7 2760QM|16GB 1600mhz|6990M|2x Intel 510 240GB Raid 0|750GB Momentus|Bigfoot 1103|AUO B173HW01 V.5|ICD 7
And some Apple stuff!
tunerX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 01:09 PM   #2
nzalog
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mountain View, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerX View Post
For me SMB2 can be used to mount shared drives and start copy operations but will fail about 99 percent of the way through saying the file is in use.

I have read problems that SMB2 fails to mount some network shares. My shares mount but copy/move/rename/delete operations fail.

Switching to SMB1 allows me to complete all functions.
Think it's a known issue, not sure what you mean by switch to smb1 (server side?) but to switch to smb1 on client side just use 'cifs://' instead of 'smb://' .
nzalog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 01:38 PM   #3
tunerX
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
switching to SMB1 would mean client side as protocol version request is initiated by the client.

On the server side I would copy/move/rename/delete through the local filesystem.

I had to keep digging in the forum to find the known workaround with using cifs: instead of smb: I normally just use the finder sidebar since all of my shares show up there and you do not get to specify a version.
__________________
2x 3825|2x 2811|1x 2851|4x 3560-8PC|1x 3560G-24PS|4x 7961G|2X 7962G
i7 2760QM|16GB 1600mhz|6990M|2x Intel 510 240GB Raid 0|750GB Momentus|Bigfoot 1103|AUO B173HW01 V.5|ICD 7
And some Apple stuff!
tunerX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Kilamite
macrumors G3
 
Kilamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerX View Post
I normally just use the finder sidebar since all of my shares show up there and you do not get to specify a version.
By default it'll be SMB2, I think, with Mavericks.
__________________
15" MacBook Pro 2GHz i7 8GB 750GB Hybrid | Mac mini 2.3GHz i7 16GB 1TB Fusion | OS X 10.9.2
iPhone 5 64GB | Apple TV 3 1080p | iOS 7.1
Home Theatre Hackintosh i3 3.5GHz 4GB 3TB | OS X 10.9.2
Kilamite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Pagemakers
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzalog View Post
Think it's a known issue, not sure what you mean by switch to smb1 (server side?) but to switch to smb1 on client side just use 'cifs://' instead of 'smb://' .
My time machine backs up to a shared drive connected to another mac.

Since mavericks! I am having all kinds of connection problems.

If I substitute cifs instead of smb I get an error saying "the server may not exist or is unavailable at this time..." If I connect using smb, it's fine until the machine sleeps, then it doesn't auto-reconnect after wake and the time machine backup fails again.
__________________
Mac Pro | MacBook Air | iMac | iPhone | iPad | ATV
Pagemakers is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC