Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Achilles75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Since my upgrade to Mavericks, I have lost functionality from my Canon printer's scan button (on the printer control panel - I can still scan using the Canon software on my computer). The printer is a MG5320, computer is an early 2011 MBP. I seem to recall having a similar problem with a previous OS X update sometime in the past, but no idea what the solution was. Anyone else run into this issue?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Since my upgrade to Mavericks, I have lost functionality from my Canon printer's scan button (on the printer control panel - I can still scan using the Canon software on my computer). The printer is a MG5320, computer is an early 2011 MBP. I seem to recall having a similar problem with a previous OS X update sometime in the past, but no idea what the solution was. Anyone else run into this issue?

You need to reinstall Canon's MP Navigator EX software package. That installer will install the OS X background process that makes the scanner button work.

You can find the download here under the "software" section.

Achilles75

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Thanks for the help. Removing and then reinstalling the drivers and the MP Navigator software fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.