Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
Well I have a Pioneer Avic D3 (new in 2007). I used to have the OEM ipod cable cd-i200 that worked flawlessy with an ipod nano.

The oem cable is the original 30 pin connector. Not sure if it will work with the lightning to 30 pin adapter. Has anyone been using the adapter with no issues?

Forgot to mention that ill have to buy the adapter and the ipod cable since it's been lost for quite some time. Just want to get some input before I spend money on something that might not work.

No bluetooth with the D3. That was an extra $200 add on back in the day. :eek: After spending 700 on it

Thanks

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Well I have a Pioneer Avic D3 (new in 2007). I used to have the OEM ipod cable cd-i200 that worked flawlessy with an ipod nano.

The oem cable is the original 30 pin connector. Not sure if it will work with the lightning to 30 pin adapter. Has anyone been using the adapter with no issues?

Forgot to mention that ill have to buy the adapter and the ipod cable since it's been lost for quite some time. Just want to get some input before I spend money on something that might not work.

No bluetooth with the D3. That was an extra $200 add on back in the day. :eek: After spending 700 on it

Thanks
While I don't know anything specific about that head unit, the 5S and 30-pin adapter work just fine with my Audi (including display of track title, artist, time info and transport controls).

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
I have a AVIC-X930BT and the adapter works fine, the only thing you will not be able to do is pass video through it.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
While I don't know anything specific about that head unit, the 5S and 30-pin adapter work just fine with my Audi (including display of track title, artist, time info and transport controls).
Sounds good!

I have a AVIC-X930BT and the adapter works fine, the only thing you will not be able to do is pass video through it.

I am assuming the all pioneer avic's are mostly the same when talking connectors so that's good news. Does it charge the phone? Sucks about not passing video but I can live with that.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Sounds good!

I am assuming the all pioneer avic's are mostly the same when talking connectors so that's good news. Does it charge the phone? Sucks about not passing video but I can live with that.

Yes. It will charge the phone (as long as the head unit puts out a USB charge signal and not the older FireWire charge signal).

The 30-pin adapter does not support video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.