Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2013
Thanks for the link!

Had I known about this deal last week, I would've ordered from here...

Surprised there aren't any other replies on this thread, as this is by far the best deal for the new Air...

And not only limited to the 16GB versions...but 32 and 64GB's as well...

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
Thanks for the link!

Had I known about this deal last week, I would've ordered from here...

Surprised there aren't any other replies on this thread, as this is by far the best deal for the new Air...

And not only limited to the 16GB versions...but 32 and 64GB's as well...

No LTE iPads. :(

ejisfun

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Thanks for this! I was holding out for the mini...but after seeing the Air in person and this bringing it down to only $55 more than the mini, I'm just gonna grab one of these :)

ChiTownChe

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
This is definitely while supplies last but I knew Microcenter typically had the cheapest prices around minus promotions and was waiting to see what they would do. They seem to have very specific quantities (perhaps rest sold out and may restock?) but definitely worth a look. Link below. Enjoy!

http://www.microcenter.com/search/s...799+884056+880971+880815+880849+880856+881052

They will restock. Microcenter typically discounts the full size iPad $40.00 and the Mini $20-$30 off. LTE versions as well, although they appear to be delayed in getting them.

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Doh! I just purchased from BB for $479 by price matching Walmart yesterday. Does anyone know if BB will rematch Micro Center? I'm one of their Elite Plus Rewards member. I don't know if that affects anything.

SAIRUS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
Wait I just bought an iPad from the local apple store. Ugh time to make a return. This is too good a deal to pass up.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Same deal here. I am wondering the same thing if BB will rematch the Micro Center price.

Doh! I just purchased from BB for $479 by price matching Walmart yesterday. Does anyone know if BB will rematch Micro Center? I'm one of their Elite Plus Rewards member. I don't know if that affects anything.

Firesign3394

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2011
Minnesota
Same deal here. I am wondering the same thing if BB will rematch the Micro Center price.

They will only price match competitors at time of purchase. They will price match themselves if their price goes down within 14 days.

If you really want the price match, then you need to return your iPad and buy another, price matching micro center the second time.

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
They will only price match competitors at time of purchase. They will price match themselves if their price goes down within 14 days.

If you really want the price match, then you need to return your iPad and buy another, price matching micro center the second time.

You're right! I just called and that's what the rep told me. I don't need the hassle for just $20 difference plus the stories of folks being banned isn't holding well with me as I've made a few returns lately.

----------

Watch out...you may get on BB's banned from returns for 90 days list.

Yup. I hear you. I already got mine for $479-$25 in Rewards so only really paid $454. I'd like to keep my returns allowance just in case.

double329

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008

Just went to BB for price match. They don't have issue with price matching as long as it is listed in their price match site, 25 miles radius for local store. CS went talk to manager and They wouldn't do at first. I was just about to walk away, the manager came out and said, let's do it. So, I got the price matched.

Buckeye22

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2011
I tried to price match at Best Buy today, since my local BB was the only store around my hometown that showed availability for the model I wanted. I called them up and they agreed to price match, and took my info to hold the iPad until I arrived at the store. 20 minutes later, they called me and told me they couldn't sell me my model in space gray, but could sell me the white version. The customer service representative said the space gray models were being held for a "promotional event", aka black friday. I just decided to go with Micro Center since I can just pick it up when I go back to school tomorrow. I just wanted the rewards points! It was just a let down since the their website shows availability for the model I wanted....

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Will BB price match if it's far away? The nearest micro center to me is like 100 miles away

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Just went to BB for price match. They don't have issue with price matching as long as it is listed in their price match site, 25 miles radius for local store. CS went talk to manager and They wouldn't do at first. I was just about to walk away, the manager came out and said, let's do it. So, I got the price matched.

Am I correct to assume you just bought the iPad after they agreed to price match or did you already buy it at full price?

Tinknock71

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
Westland Michigan
I printed page off micro center and took that and my receipt up to Walmart they refunded me the difference on both iPads airs I bought last Friday no issues at all, hey another $40.00 bucks I saved on both, I can't complain, I never dreamed we see such deep discounts in the first week!

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I got the $40 price match refund at Best Buy this morning with no problem whatsoever after having bought one there on launch day. As long as there is a Micro Center with them in stock within 25 miles of the Best Buy store location that you're at, they said they'd do it.

SAIRUS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
So Apple hassled me on the price match, so I returned it he Air and went right back to Microcenter. The money saved went to a case.

Is it me, or has the general Apple Store experience gone down? I understand Apple taking precautions with people trying to get replacements, but just uninformed employees in general seems to be increasing.

I miss the days they would bend over backwards to have a happy customer.

We'll I'm a happy customer, just at Microcenter.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
So Apple hassled me on the price match, so I returned it he Air and went right back to Microcenter. The money saved went to a case.

Is it me, or has the general Apple Store experience gone down? I understand Apple taking precautions with people trying to get replacements, but just uninformed employees in general seems to be increasing.

I miss the days they would bend over backwards to have a happy customer.

We'll I'm a happy customer, just at Microcenter.

If they make it too easy, everyone would just swing buy and get some free money. Having to return it probably slows the number of people doing this WAY DOWN.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
This is a great deal for me since my nearest micro center is in north Bergen, NJ which has 3.5% sales tax. Unfortunately they are sold out of the 32gb right now.... But I'll continue to monitor, thanks for the heads up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.