Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 10, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1
paulbrogden
macrumors newbie

imac g4 sold on ebay

hi guys need some advise i just sold an imac g4 on ebay for 104 pound know because some guy cant get internet to work he wants to return it i am more than a bit ****** over that cos i done very thing right to sell it it dont have a airport card the item number is 251367222886

I am conserned he will try to get his money back from the money back thing and i done every thing in good faith does any one think I done any thing wrong? I must admit I am really angrey but hes chinese i think with really bad english is the G4 able to use modern internet at all? There is no returns or refund policy too so dont know how he can return it unless ebay side with him he says when he trys eithernet it just comes up with error. I am just a seller not an apple expert do you think I am in wrong here every thing on machine seemed fine but never tried the internet.

search the item in ebay to bring up the details of the mac.

many thanks paul
paulbrogden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Kilamite
macrumors G3

You've got the cheek to complain about his English writing abilities?!

So the iMac doesn't have an Airport card in it? Did you state that it did when you sold it?
Kilamite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2013, 02:55 PM   #3
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

You will have no option but to refund him. If you do not and he complains to Ebay, you will lose.

Did it have an ethernet card? If not, just ask him to return it at his cost and refund him. You have to be very clear when selling this kind of item on Ebay.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 05:04 PM   #4
omeletpants
macrumors regular

Give him back his money. You lied to him,
omeletpants is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2013, 01:13 AM   #5
alksion
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Skype™ to alksion
Have him return the item. Make sure everything is in the same order you sold it. Refund his money. Consider carefully the details next time you sell something on Ebay.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 02:46 AM   #6
T'hain Esh Kelch
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via AIM to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via MSN to T'hain Esh Kelch
Based on your post, there's clearly an ethernet port so he can get internet to work, and it also states clearly that it has a slot for an Airport card, ie. no card installed.

I see the sale as having been done correctly by you, but on the other hand I don't know the legal side - Here in Denmark you have 30 days of full return even on used items, as long as they are bought online.

But really, complaining about his english, and then reading your post is just.... Sigh...
Old Nov 11, 2013, 06:56 AM   #7
yjchua95
macrumors 68040

Location: Queenstown, NZ and Melbourne, VIC, Australia (current location)
Send a message via Skype™ to yjchua95
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrogden View Post
hi guys need some advise i just sold an imac g4 on ebay for 104 pound know because some guy cant get internet to work he wants to return it i am more than a bit ****** over that cos i done very thing right to sell it it dont have a airport card the item number is 251367222886

I am conserned he will try to get his money back from the money back thing and i done every thing in good faith does any one think I done any thing wrong? I must admit I am really angrey but hes chinese i think with really bad english is the G4 able to use modern internet at all? There is no returns or refund policy too so dont know how he can return it unless ebay side with him he says when he trys eithernet it just comes up with error. I am just a seller not an apple expert do you think I am in wrong here every thing on machine seemed fine but never tried the internet.

search the item in ebay to bring up the details of the mac.

many thanks paul
Here goes an example of a pot calling the kettle black. Your English is atrocious, and yet you complain that the buyer's English is horrendous? Why don't you look at yourself in the mirror first, hmm?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac