Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I currently have the Space Gray/Black iPad. I got it because I like how the black bezel blends away when watching movies/videos. However, I am not a fan of the Space Gray. I just replaced my black iPhone with a silver 5S and LOVE IT! I am now contemplating swapping my iPad to silver/white. Do you all think the white border will be a problem?

Just looking for input/advice. :D

Thanks!

markdaim

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2013
Why you can not rely on your own taste? It's silly obtain the views of the majority.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I currently have the Space Gray/Black iPad. I got it because I like how the black bezel blends away when watching movies/videos. However, I am not a fan of the Space Gray. I just replaced my black iPhone with a silver 5S and LOVE IT! I am now contemplating swapping my iPad to silver/white. Do you all think the white border will be a problem?

Thanks!
Time to be a big boy and figure out what you want.

They wouldn't offer the white border if it was a problem. Some prefer, some do not.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Do a search & you will find a billion and one threads on this subjective subject. But why waste your time reading about it? Go to the store and use each for a while -- problem solved.

But somewhat confused. The space gray is on the back -- you don't even look at it. Plus it's still darker than the silver on the white version.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Funny, I feel the same way as the comments here. Lol. I just need to decide for myself. Was hoping there was someone out there that had the same issue at one point. It's cool, I will figure it out. :D

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
This is a question only the buyer can answer as it is personal choice. I bought the White iPad Air as personally I think it looks better. I found the bezel being white doesn't affect my experience at all. That is just my opinion though :)

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008

Thanks!
I tend to buy the black version of products, but I feel that White hardware goes better with iOS7's bright color palette. So I feel that my iPhone 5s/iO7 was the slickest looking phone ever.

I used the same reasoning when buying an iPad Mini but I was surprised that I didnt actually like white for tablets due to the reasons you mentioned. Since a tablet is larger hardware then that bezel tends to be noticed a lot more than I expected. I ended up selling the Mini in favor of an Air and this time I chose black and it's less distracting when viewing/editing photos or watching video.

So the bottom line is... who cares. :D

(Seriously though, why do people go to discussion forums and try to discourage discussions?)

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Does the device fit your needs?

It seems a bit ridiculous to me to go and return an item like this just because of color.

But that's just me

Iceboie

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Since I read news more on the iPad than playing games and watching movies, I believe that a white iPad is more prefer than a black/space gray one.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I have had both, and it's not that big of a deal. Making the choice is the tough part.

My quick synopsis:
White: I like better for Safari and iBooks. These are my main uses.
Black: I like better for movies

At the moment I have a white iPad 3 but thinking of a white rMini.

Iceboie

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
I have had both, and it's not that big of a deal. Making the choice is the tough part.

My quick synopsis:
White: I like better for Safari and iBooks. These are my main uses.
Black: I like better for movies

At the moment I have a white iPad 3 but thinking of a white rMini.

So, are you a dude or a lady? Or a dude that looks like a lady?

Misskitty

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
I am a male.

I know plenty of other males who prefer white over black.

Maybe its just me, but I find white ipads to be too feminine for males. I could not see a very masculine male owning a white ipad, but I can and do see feminine males using one all the time. It just suits them and their persona. Its too flashy and it just screams "look I have an Apple device." Its not as bad as say a pink ipad, but its not far from it.

Iceboie

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Dude. Old dude.:cool:

All of my iPhones (3gs, 4s, 5, and 5s) are blacks but somehow, I have chosen silver/white for my iPad mini w/retina display this time around. I guess because all of my itech toys are black such as my Nexus 7, Nook HD+, Samsung Galaxy, and etc, I want some different.

:apple:

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
All of my iPhones (3gs, 4s, 5, and 5s) are blacks but somehow, I have chosen silver/white for my iPad mini w/retina display this time around. I guess because all of my itech toys are black such as my Nexus 7, Nook HD+, Samsung Galaxy, and etc, I want some different.

:apple:

Me, I just go back and forth it seems. I am in my white phase at the moment.

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Maybe its just me, but I find white ipads to be too feminine for males. I could not see a very masculine male owning a white ipad, but I can and do see feminine males using one all the time. It just suits them and their persona. Its too flashy and it just screams "look I have an Apple device." Its not as bad as say a pink ipad, but its not far from it.

Its a unisex color for the most part.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
iOS 7 looks better on white devices, take a look at Apple's photos. I'd take the white one.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA

Pure folly.
(Likewise it is weak to state a female with a black iPad is too masculine.)

Purchase what you like- what you enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.