Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Hello,

Just a quick question, does anyone know of any apps to shrink PDF files?

At the moment I am creating some PDF files on my iPad using GoodNotes. The file size is very large due to some scanned images I need to included. Normally if I was using a Mac I could simply press "reduce file size" and that would be it, however this isn't available on the ipad and I am traveling so a mac isn't an option.

So does anyone know of an app which can shrink PDF files? I know there are some web services, but the files are often too big to be uploaded.

Thanks in advance.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Hello,

At the moment I am creating some PDF files on my iPad using GoodNotes. The file size is very large due to some scanned images I need to included. Normally if I was using a Mac I could simply press "reduce file size" and that would be it, however this isn't available on the ipad and I am traveling so a mac isn't an option.

So does anyone know of an app which can shrink PDF files? I know there are some web services, but the files are often too big to be uploaded.

Thanks in advance.

iPad apps? Goodreader or PDF Expert or Documents may be able to Zip the file but I do not know how much help that will be. I usually use the Quartz filter function on my Mac (built in Preview.app) or Acrobat Pro on the Mac to reduce the size.

Richa Shaily

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2013
Reduce PDF Size

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Well, it isn't the app but probably this link will help you in case of Mac OS X

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15170664#15170664

Have a look :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.