Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martosprint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
Not a problem but was just wondering how I accomplished what I did a few days ago. I don't know how I did it but when clicking on an email the whole message appeared in a whole new window on the right side of the inbox. I sort of liked it working that way. Then a couple of days later that option disappeared. I would like to get that feature back, but I can't find a way to do it. I have mail set as a classic layout. I hope I have made it clear enough.
thanks for a reply. 

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Not a problem but was just wondering how I accomplished what I did a few days ago. I don't know how I did it but when clicking on an email the whole message appeared in a whole new window on the right side of the inbox. I sort of liked it working that way. Then a couple of days later that option disappeared. I would like to get that feature back, but I can't find a way to do it. I have mail set as a classic layout. I hope I have made it clear enough.
thanks for a reply. 

Double click the email in the inbox. Does that do it? (at work so not near my MBP to test)

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Maybe uncheck the classic box and see if the result is what you were looking for. I kind of like the new look so may keep it for awhile.

martosprint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
Thanks for the replies, but trying both your solutions just opens up the message in a new window. Can't get it to open side by side. I still don't know how I managed to do it the other day.
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.