Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Ok this is getting really frustrating, I've just noticed how washed out the colours look on my new macbook pro has well, is anyone else with a samsung display having this same issue?

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
How is it that you "just" noticed? You've seem to have had your rMBP for several days now.[/QUI

I've had it for a week or so and have just really done surfing nothing major since i've been super busy with work etc.... but today when I went to check out some of the desk top displays it seemed that the colours were not very robust and saturated, however when I changed the colour profile to RGB the colours really pop, sure not sure if it's just a calibration thing or if it is an issue with the samsung display, this is now my 3rd replacement.

----------

So your having the same issue? do you have a samsung as well?

N3ILA

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2013
Pleasant Prairie, WI.
Have you calibrated the display yet?

Directions:
Using the Display Calibrator Assistant in Mac OS X:

From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
Click Displays.
Click the Color tab.
Click the Calibrate button.
Click on the Expert Mode checkbox.
Follow the instructions, and save the custom profile when finished.

Or you could try, SuperCal It's what I use and it's free to try.
SuperCal is shareware which means that you can download it and try it out for free, but it will have some features disabled until it a license is purchased and activated. This lets you see the on-screen results of SuperCal's calibration before needing to purchase a license.

Hope that helps

Cancelled
Nov 10, 2013
it is funny how average customer can notice that something is not right, right from the box, but apple quality control is ok with that, I am wondering if they using some kind of equipment to check screen (backlight bleeding, color acuracy etc.) or they just turn it on, and if screen working, then pass the "test"

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Have you calibrated the display yet?

Directions:
Using the Display Calibrator Assistant in Mac OS X:

From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
Click Displays.
Click the Color tab.
Click the Calibrate button.
Click on the Expert Mode checkbox.
Follow the instructions, and save the custom profile when finished.

Or you could try, SuperCal It's what I use and it's free to try.
SuperCal is shareware which means that you can download it and try it out for free, but it will have some features disabled until it a license is purchased and activated. This lets you see the on-screen results of SuperCal's calibration before needing to purchase a license.

Hope that helps

Ok well I'm returning this I just noticed that when I have the laptop on my lap it makes a loud creaking sound this is getting annoying now, this is now my 3rd replacement, at this point i'm really thinking of getting the xps 15, there are way to many issues with these laptops the price tag on these are not worth the hassle and stress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.