Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hi there

I'm trying to get media/ files on to my Note 3 that I just got. And I installed Kies but it just can't connect to the phone. The circle is constantly spinning without any success connecting to it. And yes all ok with the USB cable and connection.

Then I downloaded Android File Transfer app and it can't recognize a device either.

I'm assuming there's something going on with OS-X and the phone communication when trying to connect it via these applications. Is there some setting in OS-X or somewhere I have to do in order for it to work?

PollyK

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
Are you using Kies 3? If yes, then reinstall it. If you're not using Kies 3, then that's your issue. Btw, does your comp recognize your note 3 so you can drag and drop?

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Yes I have latest Kies 3.x installed but it does not seem to connect. As said the circle just keeps spinning saying "Connecting..." but never does :(

Are you using Kies 3? If yes, then reinstall it. If you're not using Kies 3, then that's your issue. Btw, does your comp recognize your note 3 so you can drag and drop?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Hi there

I'm trying to get media/ files on to my Note 3 that I just got. And I installed Kies but it just can't connect to the phone. The circle is constantly spinning without any success connecting to it. And yes all ok with the USB cable and connection.

Then I downloaded Android File Transfer app and it can't recognize a device either.

I'm assuming there's something going on with OS-X and the phone communication when trying to connect it via these applications. Is there some setting in OS-X or somewhere I have to do in order for it to work?

All else fails, you do have a micro sd card you can use to transfer stuff.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Hi there

Install Kies 3. Plug your phone in. Open Kies. In Tools menu, select "Reinstall USB Driver". On the phone pulldown, make sure MTP is selected. Tap on MTP again even if it is selected. This should start the usb detection again in PC and updated USB driver is reinstalled.

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
No? I don't see the phone mounted as USB device when connected to the MacBook Pro.

use AirDroid. it's in the play store. free app.
works on any computer. of course there are some other utilities but airdriod is the best one. I'd also ask you to try ES File explorer.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hi there

Just a heads up.. You can't run Android file Transfer and Kies together. They don't play nice.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.