Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sony has released PlayStation App for iPhone, allowing PlayStation 4 users to interact with their game consoles on the go, including the ability to chat with friends, buy games, spectate other users' gameplay and more.
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4(TM) system and be ready to game at home. With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:

- See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
- Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4(TM) system.
- Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4(TM) system so they are ready when you get home.
- Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
- Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
playstationapp.png
The app also allows users to view and comment on their friends' gameplay videos and pictures, exchange messages between PS4, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita game consoles in a similar fashion to iMessage, see friends' status updates, receive notifications of game invitations and the ability to control the PS4 much like Apple's Remote app.

The PlayStation 4 launches Friday, November 15 in North America for $399.

PlayStation App is a free iPhone app available in the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Sony Releases 'PlayStation App' Companion App for PlayStation 4

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Thursday night?? How about Friday morning when you actually have the PS4 in your hands :D

Some of us are going to the midnight launches.

My wife actually agreed to go along with me also. She has never went to a midnight release with me of anything.

I don't mind midnight releases because I get out of work shortly before then.

Bensalama21

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
Some of us are going to the midnight launches.

My wife actually agreed to go along with me also. She has never went to a midnight release with me of anything.

I don't mind midnight releases because I get out of work shortly before then.
Nice! And I'm going too! But the point was that after midnight would be Friday morning ;)

Wish my wife will go to midnight releases with me.... Wish I had a wife :D

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Maybe the iPad version will come later and they wanted to get the iPhone version out in time for launch.

Interesting to see what if anything M$ does to counter. Everything I've seen and read indicates that Sony has won this generation, but only time will tell.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
Nice app. Can't wait till Friday! Hope Amazon delivers it on time! Now I need to find an excuse to tell my boss so I can "work" from home this Friday lol.

deno

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2006
Maybe the iPad version will come later and they wanted to get the iPhone version out in time for launch.

Interesting to see what if anything M$ does to counter. Everything I've seen and read indicates that Sony has won this generation, but only time will tell.

Microsoft have had a similar app for ages. It's called smartglass.

jroadley

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
Norwich, UK
The day 1 patch is now up on Sony's website - can be installed from USB.

Prob best to grab it now and install locally rather than on Friday.

Uncle Ruckus

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
i'll just wait for the "Slim" version of PS4, untill then the 3rd will be more than enough

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
i'll just wait for the "Slim" version of PS4, untill then the 3rd will be more than enough

I have so many games on the PS3 I still want to play, at least 15 (Mass Effect Trilogy, Assassin's Creed III & IV, The Last of Us, Batman games, GTA V). That's just to name a few. I'll be content with the PS3 for several more years. By then, the PS4 will be into version two.

Atrin1

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2012
Dallas
**cough, cough*** aw man boss i feel like i'm catching a cold. **calls in sick friday**

I'm so stoked for the PS4!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.