Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Anyone else think the battery life is just unbelievable ?

Ok I don't game, odd bit of YouTube, email, browsing. Having used my old iPad 2 in the exact same way I'd get 11-12 hours and three days standby, if I was lucky. I've done three charge cycles since launch now with usage times going up each time.

Apple have created some witch craft I'm telling ya!

MacChinoNyc

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
Anyone else think the battery life is just unbelievable ?

Ok I don't game, odd bit of YouTube, email, browsing. Having used my old iPad 2 in the exact same way I'd get 11-12 hours and three days standby, if I was lucky. I've done three charge cycles since launch now with usage times going up each time.

Apple have created some witch craft I'm telling ya!

You mind saying which ipad are you using? :)

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
I believe it. I routinely got that on my 4 and the Air seems similar so far.

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Agreed. This thing just won't die! Love it. I have used only 2/3 of the battery in close to 9 hours usage.

Sat here trying the kill the last few % looks like I'll just fall short of 20 hours, but not by much :) just crazy

bobbysmith

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
Usage or "usage"? You need a stopwatch to monitor the battery life. According to the iOS "usage" meter I once apparently "used" it for three hours while I was asleep at night.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I believe it! I last charged mine 6 days ago... And I have been doing web surfing, a little video watching, and spending time in the App Store... And I'm at 21 hours 45 mins and have 16% battery left. Screen brightness is almost halfway.

Aetherhole

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2009
Tustin, CA
The battery is freakin' awesome on the Air, thus far. I posted in another thread last night that I was at 25% with 10 hours, 48 minutes of usage and standby time of 3 hours and 19 minutes.

Well, I haven't charged it and have used it some today still. 18% and still going strong!

I am a gamer and the vast majority of that time of usage is with gaming.

I could not get anywhere NEAR that usage with my Nexus 7, when I had it!

SAIRUS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah the Air's battery is amazing. I even listened to Pandora for 6 hours one day (work day), and it's been almost 5 days!

Aetherhole

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2009
Tustin, CA
Haters gonna hate no matter what! :)

The screen, the form factor, the (faster) processor, the stereo speakers (sort of), and color choice for aluminum are also good things about the Air. Oh and not to mention... wait for it..... the full color gamut (lol) ;)!!

Guitarpik

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Florida :/
Hmm, I've gone through 2 airs so far and both of them I was lucky to get slightly over 10 hours. And I had the brightness no higher than 50%.

On my third now, hoping this one gets the battery life I'm seeing reported from everyone else. Not too hopeful though since I've lost 5% in the 30 minutes I've been downloading apps with the screen completely off most of that time.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Hmm, I've gone through 2 airs so far and both of them I was lucky to get slightly over 10 hours. And I had the brightness no higher than 50%.

On my third now, hoping this one gets the battery life I'm seeing reported from everyone else. Not too hopeful though since I've lost 5% in the 30 minutes I've been downloading apps with the screen completely off most of that time.

Just wondering why you are the third one?

Aetherhole

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2009
Tustin, CA
I think that downloading throughput is probably draining a lot. My initial battery span, with all the downloading of apps, was not nearly as long as my current battery run! This time around I have not downloaded any new apps, so I'm still going strong on my current charge.

Asuriyan

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Indiana

The battery takes a couple of charge cycles to reach an optimum full point, from my experience. You might just be too busy swapping them out to give it time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.