Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Hi everyone;
I have a very strange situation.
A few months ago I bougth a M4 Crucial SSD Drive 128 Gb and installed 10.6.8 fresh on it in my iMac. Works fine the first tree days, but if I shut the iMac down it won't restart.
It gives me the "No Entrance" sign as if I have a non working system on it.
This has already happend several times. I have worked on it several months now and again this morning I received after restart the same problem. DiskWarrior doesn't find any problems. I managed to resolve this problem with a reinstall of 10.6 but after doing this twice I think there has to be another problem. Anyone familiair with this? It happened also with the drive attached with an USB connection attached to another iMac (same model iMac12,1)
Greetings from the Netherlands;
macfan55
:confused:

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hi everyone;
I have a very strange situation.
A few months ago I bougth a M4 Crucial SSD Drive 128 Gb and installed 10.6.8 fresh on it in my iMac. Works fine the first tree days, but if I shut the iMac down it won't restart.
It gives me the "No Entrance" sign as if I have a non working system on it.
This has already happend several times. I have worked on it several months now and again this morning I received after restart the same problem. DiskWarrior doesn't find any problems. I managed to resolve this problem with a reinstall of 10.6 but after doing this twice I think there has to be another problem. Anyone familiair with this? It happened also with the drive attached with an USB connection attached to another iMac (same model iMac12,1)
Greetings from the Netherlands;
macfan55
:confused:

Well, it looks like there's something wrong it the drive itself.

I suggest you download Mavericks first and create a bootable installation media out of it, with an SD card or a thumb drive. After that, with the M4 in the iMac, boot from the Mavericks USB and open Disk Utility. Instead of going to the Erase tab, go to the Partition tab and select 1 partition under Partition Layout. After that, click Options and select GUID Partition Table. Then apply the changes. Then install Mavericks in it.

Goed geluk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.