Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have a ics file in a email that I want to import into the calender app, searching this out it seem people are able to just click on the ics file and get prompted to open in the calender app. When I do this nothing happens so I'm wondering if this is another iOS 7 bug or is it something I'm not doing right.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
When I do that the only apps that show up are Mail, Dropbox, Evernote or Quick Look. When I use quick look i can see the events but there is no way to import them into the calender app.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
When I do that the only apps that show up are Mail, Dropbox, Evernote or Quick Look. When I use quick look i can see the events but there is no way to import them into the calender app.

What happened to me was hat I had the calendar option for that particular account disabled. So after I went into settings, mail, and then turned it back on I was able to accept the invite without any problems.

crashnburn

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009
What happened to me was hat I had the calendar option for that particular account disabled. So after I went into settings, mail, and then turned it back on I was able to accept the invite without any problems.

I have Calendar on for some Mail accounts (iCloud etc) and some not.

Also, my .ICS files are on a Windows machine which I synced to the iPhone via DropBox.

Is there an easy way I can open/ import them to my Calendar? PS: iPhone 5 iOS 9.3.3 & iPhone 6 iOS 10.2

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
I have Calendar on for some Mail accounts (iCloud etc) and some not.

Also, my .ICS files are on a Windows machine which I synced to the iPhone via DropBox.

Is there an easy way I can open/ import them to my Calendar? PS: iPhone 5 iOS 9.3.3 & iPhone 6 iOS 10.2

Hm can you not just open them in the Dropbox app then open with the Calendar app? Another option might be to attach the ics files to an email and send it to yourself, then open the email and the ics attachments. I'm not 100% sure though, I don't use Dropbox or Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.