Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released iOS 7.0.4 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, a minor update that includes a number of improvements and bug fixes for the operating system. According to Apple, the update repairs a bug that could cause FaceTime calls to fail for some users.

7.0.4.jpg
Bug fixes and improvements, including a fix for an issue that causes FaceTime calls to fail for some users.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Apple has also released iOS 6.1.5 for the fourth generation iPod touch, which fixes the same FaceTime issue. A new version 6.0.2 of the Apple TV software is also available, although it is unclear what has been changed.

iOS 7.0.4 comes just over three weeks after the release of iOS 7.0.3, which added support for iCloud Keychain and fixed accelerometer issues. iOS 7.0.4 can be downloaded via the software update tool in the settings menu on iOS devices.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4 With Fix for FaceTime Call Issue

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
Is it possible for me to update my old iPhone 4S still on iOS 6 to the new version 6.1.5? I don't want iOS 7 on it.

LukasValine

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
6.1.5 for the iPod touch? I've never heard of Apple releasing an update for an older version of iOS. Kudos to them.

S

syd430

Wish I could go back to iOS 1.0. Hated 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

wolverinemarky

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
do we know if its safe for future jailbreakers for iPhone 5S i will wait for the dev team/ evad3rs to say if its say or not. I dont use face time that often so not that big for me to skip it

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Facetime to fail?

Is that a euphomism for where FaceTime calls my mom after I dialed my dad and then the history of the FaceTime app and the hisotry of the Phone app disagree with each other over who I just called?

I call that a failure, but I'm just curious if that's what they're talking about here.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
6.1.5 for the iPod touch? I've never heard of Apple releasing an update for an older version of iOS. Kudos to them.

Yeah, real kudos to them. I'm really pleased that the 'FaceTime' bug has finally been fixed -- you know, the one everybody's been complaining about -- and yet they still find time to make an incremental update to last year's iOS.

I mean, forgetting the other bugs with iOS 7, such as Messages outright refusing to paste anything when you double-tap, issues with devices respringing if they're using a superior 64-bit chip, and the fact that Siri is utter, utter gash ... yeah, I just couldn't be happier for Apple. Good job, guys.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
Facetime to fail?

Is that a euphomism for where FaceTime calls my mom after I dialed my dad and then the history of the FaceTime app and the hisotry of the Phone app disagree with each other over who I just called?

I call that a failure, but I'm just curious if that's what they're talking about here.

I only use NoFaceTime (aka VoiceOnly FaceTime)

GoldenJoe

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Would really like to see a release that fixes developer issues...broken UITextView, brightness not getting reset when leaving apps until the device is put to sleep, etc.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Why would he be kidding?

Look at how often Android handsets get updated?

We've had 4 since iOS7 release 2 months ago. Averaging 2 per month. Not bad. Constant stream.

And Windows 7 gets a security update almost daily. Averaging 1 per day. Not bad. Constant stream.

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Facetime to fail?

Do your parents share the same Apple ID? I suspect that is your issue.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Hopefully this does fix some battery issues. Ever since upgrading my iPhone 5 to ios7 I've had periods where my battery drains 20% in 30 minutes while not being used. Not to mention the phone shutting off and claiming to be dead battery at the 30-40% range. And yes, I've done multiple battery drains, etc to re-calibrate!

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Fantastic, can't wait for my devices to download the update without having me agree to it first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.