Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreatMightySymp

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
I picked up an iPad Air when it went on sale along with AppleCare+.

I noticed yesterday a dead black pixel (used a Zeiss cleaning wipe + microfiber, so it's not dust/etc.) that's not a major issue but it's somewhat annoying.

Do I still have to do the trade for a replacement in the two-week span (which I think would be tomorrow?) or does AC+ get rid of that issue?

Asking because ideally I was wanting to go in a week or two when I had to go to the mall for other reasons instead of having to go now if the limit was the case.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I picked up an iPad Air when it went on sale along with AppleCare+.

I noticed yesterday a dead black pixel (used a Zeiss cleaning wipe + microfiber, so it's not dust/etc.) that's not a major issue but it's somewhat annoying.

Do I still have to do the trade for a replacement in the two-week span (which I think would be tomorrow?) or does AC+ get rid of that issue?

Asking because ideally I was wanting to go in a week or two when I had to go to the mall for other reasons instead of having to go now if the limit was the case.

If you're within the return window, do that. AppleCare+ doesn't cover a dead pixel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.