Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleXXXps

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
New iPad Air user here. I bought it for work to take notes and also to play games on at home. I bought a 5 dollar Case Logic stylus and am kind of impartial about it. The sensitivity isn't the best and the tip is so fat. I've researched the best stylus for iPad, but are they really worth it? If I hate this stylus, will I most likely hate them all?

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
I 5000x recommend the GoSmart 200 series. I've tried 5-10 different styli, and by far it was the best experience I had. I used it for taking notes in Notability on my iPad 3 back in college, for annotating PDFs, and for doodling here and there.

Any stylus that has a 'nub' (typically of some rubber/soft plastic type material), especially one that squishes, is exponentially inferior.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I 5000x recommend the GoSmart 200 series. I've tried 5-10 different styli, and by far it was the best experience I had. I used it for taking notes in Notability on my iPad 3 back in college, for annotating PDFs, and for doodling here and there.

Any stylus that has a 'nub' (typically of some rubber/soft plastic type material), especially one that squishes, is exponentially inferior.

I agree with your idea about rubber - wich is why I switched to microfiber. I'm using the Lynktec TruGlide Pro, but there's also iFaraday and probably others.
What I'd like to know: does the GoSmart scratch your screen?

Metatone

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2013
To the recommenders

So far, DaveTheGreat & KylePowers.

Have you tried your favourite stylus on an iPad Air yet?

I found mine didn't work as well as on a previous iPad.

(Just asking).

DaveTheGreat

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Houston, by way of Austin
So far, DaveTheGreat & KylePowers.

Have you tried your favourite stylus on an iPad Air yet?

I found mine didn't work as well as on a previous iPad.

(Just asking).

I broke my adonit jot :( I am going to buy a new one as soon as I decide on a case for my air. I'd be disappointed if it didn't work as well, because that thing was a lifesaver coupled with the notability app on my ipad 3. What kind of screen protector are you using?

The.Dude

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
I have the Wacom Bamboo. It's nice, but I haven't picked it up since getting my Surface Pro 2. I love my Air, but having both devices, I think you made the wrong choice in devices if all you are doing is notes and games.

4thnebula

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2013
Have Wacom Creative Stylus for iPad Air

I Have Wacom Creative Stylus for the iPad Air. I find it to be adequate but find the soft fat squishy nib to be frustrating. I am used to the hard pointed Wacom Stylus on my Wacom Intuos Pro as well as the pointed accurate S-pen on the Samsung Note 10.1. Anyone know of an iPad stylus that is pointed, accurate and has a hard end.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I just bought the Adonit Script Evernote edition. 1.9mm tip unlike the big rubber blobs on some passive styluses. It really works quite well and no trouble with multiple note apps like Noteshelf (in addition to Penultimate).

Uses Bluetooth 4.0 and requires a AAA battery but feels nice in the hand. Only thing it's missing is a clip like most pens have.

I find Penultimate too light on features and it seems to slow down after about half a page of handwriting (ink seems to lag), but has virtually perfect palm rejection when used with the Script stylus.

Noteshelf has tons of features and doesn't slow down with lots on ink on page. It uses passive palm rejection (since it not specifically designed for the stylus) but the stylus works just fine with it once connected to Bluetooth.

ejisfun

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011

Have you tried the GoSmart on the Air? I've seen some complaints that some styli don't work well with the Air for some reason, and I'm wondering if the GoSmart falls into that category.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.