Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Can I really walk into an apple store tommorow and buy an iPad Air, open it up and use it until January and then return it for a full refund?

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Yes. What makes you doubt it? :confused:

Just seems weird, because like the other guy said it's pretty much like having a free 2 month rental on an ipad of your choice... Is apple just banking on the fact that you're probably going to fall in love with it and not return it?

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Just seems weird, because like the other guy said it's pretty much like having a free 2 month rental on an ipad of your choice... Is apple just banking on the fact that you're probably going to fall in love with it and not return it?
Why are you so overthinking this? Virtually every major online and B&M company in the country has always done this including virtually every major department store as well as Amazon and just about everyone else. How/why would people shop for holiday gifts now if they didn't extend the return policy?

iono11200

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
It is absolutely true, at least for online sales. I bought 2 on 11/4. Delivered on 11/6. If I try to initiate an online return it states that I have until 1/7/2014 to return. I'm sure that people will do this, buy them then return, but to me, the iPad Air is so sweet that I have a hard time imagining anyone returning it, just my opinion of course. Very Nice Device,

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida

Yup, pretty much. That and they expect many iPads to be bought and gifted over Xmas, so they are giving the recipients a chance to exchange or return them.

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Wow I was planning on waiting another year to actually buy one but I guess I might as well get one just for the holiday season.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
I purchased an ipad air on nov 8th and the return date on my receipt is nov 22nd. Is my receipt wrong then?

I'm trying to decide if i should upgrade to 32gb and having more time would be nice.

I'm in the US btw.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
I purchased an ipad air on nov 8th and the return date on my receipt is nov 22nd. Is my receipt wrong then?

I'm trying to decide if i should upgrade to 32gb and having more time would be nice.

I'm in the US btw.

If you buy in store, the receipt prints out 2 weeks. It has been up to debate whether or not they will honor the Jan return date. Who knows until you try. Apple has been good generally, but it is a big risk if you plan for an outright refund.

If you order online, they will give you the Jan date.

I ordered online, and picked up in-store. There is no return date on my invoice at all. And the employee that helped me check out said Jan (although he said it was a good question, and didn't seem sure).

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Just for people to be informed, I talked to an Apple rep with the apple.ca chat support tool and they said that it applies to retail store bought ipads too.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
NO ONE RETURNS APPLE PRODUCTS - unless it has one speck of dust under the screen, a half-millimeter plastic gap between the lcd and the bezel, uneven feel of the aluminum back on an iPad, missing gamut colors on a new iPad mini retina, iPad AIR that has yellow tint on uppe half or lower half for majority of people, flex in the macbook keyboard, the etched qwerty keyboard printed letter "O" not being completely round enough, glossy screen that is too glossy causing eye problems, battery life that isn't 20 hours as stated when using mavericks, defect in the speaker on an iPad because it sounds "tinny", mag power adapter that is too strong and doesn't come off when yanked, backlight leaking on all apple lcd devices, backlight leaking on iPad AIR when blasting full 100% brightness using a black wallpaper viewing the screen in a non-lit closet space, browsing a bad website that is coded terribly but yet complains of screen LAG because it can't scroll 120fps, and the list goes on.

You guys are lucky you get this sort of return policy! If it wasn't apple retail store, you'd be lucky to even get a return policy at all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.