Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Amazon has just the console for $399 on sale NOW. No bundles. Get it while you can, I just ordered one. It'll be here Monday! No games though. Guess I better order those too..

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Went to go chill with my buddy in line so he could get one...but I ended up getting one too :D

Just played a few games of NBA 2K14 and the graphics are just beautiful!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
:( Still not out for 2 weeks this side of the Atlantic.

Looking forward to launch night in our gamestop. It's invite only and with some goodies :) (Which I expect after giving them €800 for a PS4 and games :p )

Now I'm trying to decide whether to buy the PS Vita (again) after selling mine earlier in the year (so I can avail of remote play on PS4). It's RRP is €199 here + €39.99 for Killzone + €20 for a memory card but gamestop have a bundle online at the moment for €169.99 ......

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
:( Still not out for 2 weeks this side of the Atlantic.

Looking forward to launch night in our gamestop. It's invite only and with some goodies :) (Which I expect after giving them €800 for a PS4 and games :p )

Now I'm trying to decide whether to buy the PS Vita (again) after selling mine earlier in the year (so I can avail of remote play on PS4). It's RRP is €199 here + €39.99 for Killzone + €20 for a memory card but gamestop have a bundle online at the moment for €169.99 ......

I bought the mega pack bundle (incl. 8GB card and 10 games, including a few good ones) for €169 two months ago. There are definitely deals to be had!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I bought the mega pack bundle (incl. 8GB card and 10 games, including a few good ones) for €169 two months ago. There are definitely deals to be had!

Yeah Argos have that deal here but are selling it for €229 !!! :confused: :eek:

2zxp1f6.jpg

Well I bit the bullet and bought it...... Seems they only had one in stock online as after my order went through their site is now showing the bundle as out of stock.....

Last edited:

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Amazon.de still has the 169 EUR deal. Even with shipping to Ireland, you should still be way better off than 230 EUR!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

That's just cruel ed ..... :p:p:p

----------

Amazon.de still has the 169 EUR deal. Even with shipping to Ireland, you should still be way better off than 230 EUR!

Yeah but I got it at gamestop for the €169 with free shipping :p

Shhhhhh! Don't make him feel bad. Although, I don't think there were any more Skylander figures left for him to purchase!;)

LMAO .... You don't know how true this is. I'm scouring trying to find the next wave of Swap Force characters like a junkie !!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
lol, today good sir.. My precious is almost here!

Till then I'm stuck staring at these..

7 games matey !!! 7 games !!!! :eek::eek::eek:

We await a hands on review from you and your opinions on the games you have. :)

Reading online reviews it seems Fifa 14 is meant to be really good on next gen - so much so I'd almost pick it up myself - but I'm not a sports game player.

I might add Need For Speed Rivals to the 5 I'm getting with mine, though.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
for racing i think i'll rather take a shot for Ubisofts "The Crew" ...ubisoft has been hitting "open world" games rather well so i'll risk their open world racing for a change

on Fifa the demo is always good enough for an odd game here and there

so far only 3 games ordered (BF4, AC4 and Knack but with psn+ titles Resogun and Contrast it'll be enough till January/february at least

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
7 games matey !!! 7 games !!!! :eek::eek::eek:

We await a hands on review from you and your opinions on the games you have. :)

Reading online reviews it seems Fifa 14 is meant to be really good on next gen - so much so I'd almost pick it up myself - but I'm not a sports game player.

I might add Need For Speed Rivals to the 5 I'm getting with mine, though.

Well.. I got it.. But PSN is a bit bogged down and I can't really login and register my PSN account to the system lol.

I'll have a mini review hopefully tomorrow so long as I can get logged in to PSN.

I had no intentions on buying 7 games, it just accidentally happened. That and Amazon gave me 2 of them free. Oh and Amazon has the preorder price guarantee, I got a whole .03 credited back to my Amex since it was 399.96 instead of 399.99 lol

I have NFS coming next week I think is the release date.. Then nothing till whenever 1886 comes out. Wish FFXIV would work on the PS4, oh well, kept the PS3 connected in the living room for now.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Well.. I got it.. But PSN is a bit bogged down and I can't really login and register my PSN account to the system lol.

I'll have a mini review hopefully tomorrow so long as I can get logged in to PSN.

I had no intentions on buying 7 games, it just accidentally happened. That and Amazon gave me 2 of them free. Oh and Amazon has the preorder price guarantee, I got a whole .03 credited back to my Amex since it was 399.96 instead of 399.99 lol

I have NFS coming next week I think is the release date.. Then nothing till whenever 1886 comes out. Wish FFXIV would work on the PS4, oh well, kept the PS3 connected in the living room for now.

Yeah that Amazon deal was great. Sadly Amazon.co.uk don't offer similar. Yeah love Amazon's price guarantee - past few weeks they likewise have issued me refunds of £0.01 !!!! Really Amazon ? Why bother :)

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Knack is brilliant, those reviewers must be on crack or something. The controls take a little getting used to but its nothing out of the ordinary, graphics are good if you take in consideration its a launch game.

I got connected to PSN, the store is down still but other services are up.

I've got a livestream going now if anyone is interested PM me.

So far I'm rather impressed, I still have yet to touch any of the other 6 games. Knack has a hold of my attention atm.

More stuff to come!

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Knack is brilliant, those reviewers must be on crack or something. The controls take a little getting used to but its nothing out of the ordinary, graphics are good if you take in consideration its a launch game.

I got connected to PSN, the store is down still but other services are up.

I've got a livestream going now if anyone is interested PM me.

So far I'm rather impressed, I still have yet to touch any of the other 6 games. Knack has a hold of my attention atm.

More stuff to come!

I think they wanted to hate it. Eurogamer especially have been weird. They then posted a 5 worst launch game videos and put Kameo number 1 and kept referring Knack to it with inference.

The comments that followed from users who could not believe Kameo had been in the list. That if eurogamer was saying Knack was like it; then contrary to their review they will now give it a go in highlight to the fact they put Kameo up as worst launch game ever, when among a history of turds like Altered Beast, Street Fighter The Movie etc.. All of which deserve a spot far more than Kameo - it cast doubt over Eurogamers opinion and modus operandi.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I played Knack for nearly 6 hours straight, it was that good. I rarely play any game for that long in a single sitting. Now on to the system

This may date some folks here but there are those consoles that are icons, the ones that have changed and shaped how things are now, the ones that pioneered the way with graphics and features that just made you sit in front of the TV and say "wow" more times than you can count. I remember getting the NES, Genesis, Neo-Geo, and the PS1 all systems that had a lasting affect on me and my memories of gaming when I was younger. These were all hallmark systems that left you in amazement over what the system could do.

The PS4 is the new one on that list...

The PS3 took things a step above, sure it innovated, and yes the graphics were better than the PS2 but it was just a step forward. The PS4 is the game changer, its a full evolution, its the only system in recent history that has had me sitting in front of my TV jaw dropped over what its showing me. This system has set the bar for this generation and its set it pretty damn high. From what I've seen through 7 launch titles is pure awesome, the quality has rivaled my PC, and my PC is no slouch (i7 975 extreme/GTX 590). The PS4 has truly brought us to PC quality graphics on a console, there were games that had me saying "wow" and just looking in amazement over and over.

The PS4 is one of the rare breeds of consoles that will go on as the system that set the standard for its gen, Sony really outdid themselves with this one. If you're on the fence its time to jump off, if the launch titles look this good I can only imagine what titles are going to look like in the future.

I can't wait, this will be one of the rare gens for consoles that will be epic! Bring it Sony, you done good!

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Thanks for the review!! It certainly does not make the wait easier! :p

I must say though, my first impressions from playing Knack and Drive Club at a show in September were rather opposite from yours. I felt like the jump to PS3, from SD to HD graphics, was a complete game changer. The first time I fired up Motorstorm and saw HD gaming on my TV, my jaw dropped. I'd had no idea my TV could even display such a brilliant image! When I saw the PS4 in action, I thought the leap forward was rather incremental by comparison. More things moving on screen, less blur in the distance, but in the end still HD graphics and same old game mechanics. An improvement, but less dramatic than the jump from SD to HD.

Question on sharing: I just read that sharing screenshots and video clips only works via Facebook or Twitter. No PSN?? When my buddies and I are both playing on our PS4s, we can't share these things with each other right there, through the PSN friends list? If accurate, that is a big letdown for me. I don't want to share these things with everyone on Facebook, plus I barely use that service. Don't even have a Twitter account. I would really only want to share with my PSN friends.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Thanks for the review!! It certainly does not make the wait easier! :p

I must say though, my first impressions from playing Knack and Drive Club at a show in September were rather opposite from yours. I felt like the jump to PS3, from SD to HD graphics, was a complete game changer. The first time I fired up Motorstorm and saw HD gaming on my TV, my jaw dropped. I'd had no idea my TV could even display such a brilliant image! When I saw the PS4 in action, I thought the leap forward was rather incremental by comparison. More things moving on screen, less blur in the distance, but in the end still HD graphics and same old game mechanics. An improvement, but less dramatic than the jump from SD to HD.

Question on sharing: I just read that sharing screenshots and video clips only works via Facebook or Twitter. No PSN?? When my buddies and I are both playing on our PS4s, we can't share these things with each other right there, through the PSN friends list? If accurate, that is a big letdown for me. I don't want to share these things with everyone on Facebook, plus I barely use that service. Don't even have a Twitter account. I would really only want to share with my PSN friends.

Your friends can see any video and/or picture taken in your profile as well as in the PSN feed so long as you allow it in the privacy section. You can even set it to friends of friends or anyone if you like. The share button is just that, it shares with either twitter or FB, or it allows you to livestream your gaming session.

I see what you mean about going from SD to HD, but there is something about this system. Knack doesn't do the system justice, Killzone on the other hand.. wow. 2k14 and FIFA look great too, I had fun with my PS3, but considering I woke up at 6am with only 5 hours of sleep to jump on my PS4 and start gaming again it says something to me. The PS3 never did that for me, it was sharper and more clear since it was HD but the PS4 perfects it imo.

Edit: I have one complaint, luckily it can be solved via software. Most all games needed a day 1 update, so you start it and you see "you must update in order to use network features". Fine, close the game and then if you try to start again it says its downloading/installing a update. Heres the thing, theres no status bar or anything of any kind to tell you how far along that process is, its a minor annoyance but some sort of indicator would be better than the guessing game it is now.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.