Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:42 AM   #1
OceanFrog
macrumors regular

Problem with Trash folder in Mavericks

Last evening I was having a strange problem with the Trash folder on my 2012 MBA recently updated to Mavericks.

When I dragged files to Trash they would simply disappear and not show on trash. When I try to empty Trash there is nothing to empty. This was after adding & deleting a large amount (around 15Gb added and 3Gb deleted) of songs from iTunes). Are the files deleted fully? I also noticed that the free space on my HDD was slow to update when I checked info.

So I'm wondering what has gone wrong. Why is this happening? Are the files deleted fully?

BTW, I was deleting the songs by right clicking and clicking "delete" in iTunes ... but I was not asked to confirm deletion ... the songs just disappeared. I'm presuming this is the correct way to COMPLETELY remove songs from both iTunes and the computer?

Thanks in advance,
OF
OceanFrog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:56 AM   #2
OceanFrog
macrumors regular

Just to add ... this is happening after I repaired permissions earlier yesterday. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my problem.
OceanFrog is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X