Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:18 AM   #1
penpavan
macrumors newbie

Where are the files?

I am scanning all the leaf nodes pointed to by the Header pointer of the Header node of the catalog file btree. In this process I am listing all the nodeName from the HFSPlusCatalogKey of each leaf node.

My problem is that, most of the time when I search manually for a file present in the nodeName of the leaf nodes, I dont find it. Also, the filesnames contanied in nodeName are not on the disk.( When I search for them manually).

That is to say that when I try to find the file with filename equal to nodeName, I dont find it on the disk. However there are instances when the file with nodeName existing on the disk.

In a nutshell, I have written a program that scans all the leaf nodes of the catalogfile tree(using fLink and bLink) and lists nodeName of each leaf node. I dont find the listed nodeNames as files on the disk. (only some of them I find). Also, when I search for a specific file, it is not present in the list of nodeNames.

Kindly help me.
penpavan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 06:17 PM   #2
robbieduncan

I'm not even going to pretend I know what you are talking about: I'm more of an Application Level guy, but have you read the available documentation?
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming