Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage.png

Apple has seeded the first beta of OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 to developers. The release asks testers to focus on Mail, Graphics Drivers and VoiceOver, though there are no known issues with the release.

Earlier this month, Apple released a special update to Mavericks to address issues using Gmail with the Mail.app client built into the OS.

The update is available to registered developers through the OS X Developer Portal.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta to Developers

a.roden

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
Wolverhampton GB
Its visible on my mac dev account but when I click download it takes me to a search of all available downloads where it isn't visible :confused: any ideas anyone?

Andy-V

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Two issues I have (new 2013 rMBP), hoping for fixes in 10.9.1:

• Finder being very slow on first load. Window opens but you don't see any files in the folders for 20+ seconds.
  • Sleep/Wake failure issue where the Macbook will restart due to failing to wake

I know these issues affect more than just new rMBP's so they're both Mavericks bugs.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
The Mail update didn't fix the problem where
I'll occasionally get repeated gmail messages appearing in NC (but not in mail). Hope 10.9.1 fixes it.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
We need 10.9.1 FAST !!

Mavericks has some very strange bugs or design choices that have started to irk me since release...

and please re-instate simple things like when we tag / label a folder do it like it's always done with the whole file name highlighted in colour - it made it easier to find files when scanning a folder full of them rather than this tiny little dot they replaced it with in Mavericks....

#if it ain't broke Apple - don't fix it !!!

and #if it is broke - don't replace it with a gimped version (iWork 13)

Oh and any chance you can get my Corel Painter 12 to work since Mavericks please, at the moment I'm looking at having to upgrade to Painter X3 ..

Oh and Final Cut Pro X just loves to crash in Mavericks too, and yep iPhoto big libraries are so very sluggish now - even on my SSD based system.....

Rant over...

Mr. Wonderful

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2009
WiFi, Finder thumbnails not appearing, and App Nap optimization are at the top of my wishlist.

Also, AirPort disks periodically become inaccessible in Mavericks.

(And before the "these aren't happening to me!!" posts, these are known issues that others are experiencing. All small, but annoying).

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Doesn't fix stuck launchpad on my MBA

I was hoping this would fix the poor sticky and sometimes completely stuck swiping in Launchpad on my MBA.

This and 7.0.4...I have an least 10 open bug reports which have been looked at by developers as duplicates or requested for screenshots/more info. I really hope they are working on bigger updates for both iOS and OS X pretty soon.

Also for people asking about missing files on the dev site. Unless you want to fresh install it, why not delta it from the app store?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I know that this has been asked before...but do folks really think that posting "fix this" and "fix that" is really going to make a difference?

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
They fixed Finder windows scrolling to empty spaces. Quicklook is still slow as hell.

JLL

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
and please re-instate simple things like when we tag / label a folder do it like it's always done with the whole file name highlighted in colour - it made it easier to find files when scanning a folder full of them rather than this tiny little dot they replaced it with in Mavericks....

#if it ain't broke Apple - don't fix it !!!

And what color should it be if the file has more than one tag?

musser

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2004
Mail

The problem I've been having since Mavericks is that Mail won't close out upon shut down. Most of the time, I have to force quit it before I can shut down. I'm hoping this is addressed in this update.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
And what color should it be if the file has more than one tag?

They could have introduced tagging separate to labelling .... That's the point.

You could still then search based on tag, but also still have the benefit of the easy to see / find labelling that has existed in OSX for years...

LukasValine

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
Anyone else want iOS 7 style fonts and icons in OSX? It doesn't have to be a major redesign, just some minor changes to make the two interfaces more consistent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.