Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
Hi guys as I'm exchanging my silver for a gold one today , does anybody know whether the gold one is prone to the anodizing coming off like on the space gray 5s? Or has anybody noticed any scuffs that show the silver underneath theirs ? Many thanks

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Not noticed any reports about anything "coming off" the space grey. The old slate 5 had an issue, the 5s has silver edging which shouldn't ever come off as that's the materials natural colour.

Gold has a chance of wearing over time, if your worried get a case, or baby it so it's never going to get damaged.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Mine has a scratch (caused by a Genius but I couldn't prove it :mad: ) it's still gold and not showing any silver, but it is obvious if you have the phone at a certain angle.

Dreading needing to use AppleCare for repairs. If they can scratch my phone like that when I'm there, I dread to think what they would do if I had to leave it with them.

Definitely use it with a case (as I always have and always will.) Buy a soft case so that you are highly unlikely to scratch it while applying the case or removing the case to clean the phone.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Well, there is no point really... Either you exchange for gold and spend 24-7 worrying about your phone or you keep the silver and get a case lol.

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
Knoxvegas
Hi guys as I'm exchanging my silver for a gold one today , does anybody know whether the gold one is prone to the anodizing coming off like on the space gray 5s? Or has anybody noticed any scuffs that show the silver underneath theirs ? Many thanks

This bothers me. People like you shouldn't be able to take advantage of apple's return policy like that.

LabGuy

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2013
This bothers me. People like you shouldn't be able to take advantage of apple's return policy like that.

Agreed. "I want a new iPhone NOW!!! Oh, it shows signs of use when I USE IT!? FOR SHAME!!! Oh, you don't have the color I want? FINE!! <stomp stomp> I'll take a different color so I can play with my shiny new toy NOW that someone else could have had because I'm an impatient child!!! I'll just swap the color later and enjoy my inferior color NOW!!!!" There are many problems with this society, this is one of them.

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
Oh whatever , I'm exchanging mine with another member of the family. Idiot.

----------

Agreed. "I want a new iPhone NOW!!! Oh, it shows signs of use when I USE IT!? FOR SHAME!!! Oh, you don't have the color I want? FINE!! <stomp stomp> I'll take a different color so I can play with my shiny new toy NOW that someone else could have had because I'm an impatient child!!! I'll just swap the color later and enjoy my inferior color NOW!!!!" There are many problems with this society, this is one of them.
Oh wait , you included. Stop assuming that I'm going back to apple.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Yeah I just did this myself. Went from a 32GB silver 5s to a gold 64. Is it me or is the gold one heavier and more solid feeling?

I don't know but to me it is such a sexy and classy looking phone. The best on the market I'd say.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Considering you didn't specify..what are others supposed to think?

Don't assume things?

*EDIT* Although the OP could have said "trading" instead of "exchanging" to avoid any confusion.

----------

Yeah I just did this myself. Went from a 32GB silver 5s to a gold 64. Is it me or is the gold one heavier and more solid feeling?

I didn't notice a difference between my Space Gray and the Gold one that my mom bought recently.

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
Knoxvegas

I don't know but to me it is such a sexy and classy looking phone. The best on the market I'd say.

there is not such thing as an iPhone shuffle you imbecile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.