Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hi

Why do the Google Now sounds not react to system Audio sliders and volume? It seems it can only do one sound intensity and muted when you mute the ringer vol but nothing in between?

It's weird that certain apps on Android disregard system Audio settings/ sliders.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Hi

Why do the Google Now sounds not react to system Audio sliders and volume? It seems it can only do one sound intensity and muted when you mute the ringer vol but nothing in between?

It's weird that certain apps on Android disregard system Audio settings/ sliders.

Can you not create many threads for the same?

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
There is not one single volume setting that control all sounds on Android phones. There are different volume controls for voice, media, alarm, notification and ringer. These can be set individually.

The volume rocker on Android phones is context sensitive and will adjust different volume settings depending on what app you are using, if any, and what screen you are on. If you are on your home screen and not in any app, the volume rocker will control the ringer volume. When you are on a call, it will control the voice volume. If you are watching a video or listening to music, it will control the media volume.

There is not one universal volume setting for all of these different sounds. You have to set them individually. You can set each of them by going into the Android system, sound settings. Some apps may also allow you to set the volume level of the appropriate type of sound in that app's settings screen.

You can also use apps and widgets to manage the different sound levels. I highly recommend Volume Widget by Leep Studios: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leepstudios.VolumeWidget

This widget allows you to set 3 different sound profiles for your phone and change to them with a single tap on the widget.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
The problem is, Google Now audio doesn't react to any of the 4 sliders. It's 1 same volume or mute.

(Ps: sorry, I will get better with thread creations and curb it. I was just new to Android and had a couple questions).

There is not one single volume setting that control all sounds on Android phones. There are different volume controls for voice, media, alarm, notification and ringer. These can be set individually.

The volume rocker on Android phones is context sensitive and will adjust different volume settings depending on what app you are using, if any, and what screen you are on. If you are on your home screen and not in any app, the volume rocker will control the ringer volume. When you are on a call, it will control the voice volume. If you are watching a video or listening to music, it will control the media volume.

There is not one universal volume setting for all of these different sounds. You have to set them individually. You can set each of them by going into the Android system, sound settings. Some apps may also allow you to set the volume level of the appropriate type of sound in that app's settings screen.

You can also use apps and widgets to manage the different sound levels. I highly recommend Volume Widget by Leep Studios: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leepstudios.VolumeWidget

This widget allows you to set 3 different sound profiles for your phone and change to them with a single tap on the widget.

walie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2010
The problem is, Google Now audio doesn't react to any of the 4 sliders. It's 1 same volume or mute.

(Ps: sorry, I will get better with thread creations and curb it. I was just new to Android and had a couple questions).

if by "couple" you mean 15-20 threads on the first page, then you are correct

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.