|Nov 16, 2013, 03:42 PM||#1|
Help! Can't restore/reboot iPhone 4 (CDMA) 5.1.1
I apologize in advance if this is an inappropriate place to post this topic, and if that is so, mods, please feel free to delete this thread. Otherwise, here's what happened:
A friend and I tried to jailbreak his iPhone4 (CDMA) 5.1.1 with redsn0w 0.9.15b3 but it failed. We followed all the instructions, but the jailbreak did not reach the home screen and the iPhone wouldn't reach it afterwards. Instead, it is stuck at the apple logo.
-We do not have the SHSH blob.
-Our iTunes is up to date.
-He had Verizon , but discontinued his service to upgrade.
-iTunes recognizes it in DFU mode but not while restarting.
We tried to:
1) Boot it normally, but it would only show the apple logo and in once in every 8-11 minutes go black for a second then revert to the apple logo.
2) Just boot via redsn0w, but it would be stuck on the pineapple logo.
3) Boot with the volume key, but with no avail.
4) Recovery fix via redsn0w, but it would do the same as #1
5) Jailbreak again, but said "Error! Please reboot the device into normal operating mode then perform a clean 'Slide to power off', then try redsn0w again."
6) Attempted to modify the starting instructions using iFunbox, but failed as iFunbox could not read the device.
So we tried to restore it:
7) Did normal restore but got Error 3194 at first, so we edited the hosts file, but got either Error 3194 or "The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be restored at this time because the iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporary unavailable."
8) Tried TinyUmbrella's server + normal restore, but TinyUmbrella would crash after "preparing device for restore."
9) TinyUmbrella server + downloaded ipsw, but with the same results as the normal restore.
10) Deleted the hosts file but still got the same message.
11) Use semi-restore, but it would not recognize the device both in recovery mode and while stuck at the apple logo
-At the URL http://gs.apple.com/ we see "This page is just a placeholder. To publish your site, place your HTML and image files in the data directory." with Apple adds underneath after the hosts edit.
-When our hosts reads:
# 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
we cannot connect to gs.apple.com (problem loading page) and get Error3194.
If our hosts reads:
we get the page the above note mentions and get the message in #7
So my question is how do I get pass Error 3194. I can use another computer if my computer is the problem.
Also, after getting past Error 3194, if I encounter Error 1600, what should I do?
I just want to get the iPhone working again.
|Nov 20, 2013, 11:24 PM||#4|
So you just want to restore the phone?
Just plug it to another computer with the latest iTunes and hit restore or enter dfu restore mode.
You don't need any jb tools or all these other programs you tried just to restore an iPhone to the latest iOS version. All you need is iTunes.
If it still won't restore then it has a hardware issue that cannot be fixed or bypassed with software or any jb hacks.
|Nov 22, 2013, 12:27 AM||#5|
iTunes recognizes it too in DFU mode.
I haven't banged the iPhone anywhere so I don't think a hardware issue is the problem. Are there other ways to physically alter the interiors of an iPhone other than dropping/damaging it?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.