Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martinisovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
my glass on my iPhone 5 is coming off and I've had it since launch. It hasn't been like this since maybe a month or two ago, I didn't think that much of it till it began coming up a bunch. Am I better off just replacing the screen myself or gluing it or taking it to apple although more than likely it'll be $199 for a replacement seeing as it is out of warranty?

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
my glass on my iPhone 5 is coming off and I've had it since launch. It hasn't been like this since maybe a month or two ago, I didn't think that much of it till it began coming up a bunch. Am I better off just replacing the screen myself or gluing it or taking it to apple although more than likely it'll be $199 for a replacement seeing as it is out of warranty?

Pics?

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now

A little super glue and you'll be good to go..... or duct tape.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Go to Apple, the screen should not be coming away on the phone its a defect.

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Had same issue. I went ahead and made a duct tape case. Works great:

DuctTape15.jpg

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania

Same here.
Took it in to my carrier about 3 weeks ago when the problem appeared and they gave me a refurb one in perfect condition.
Take it to Apple and they will give you another iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.