Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:41 PM   #1
Good Medicine
macrumors newbie

Slow Printing in Quark

I have label files in Quark 6.5 and am printing to an Epson Stylus C88 ... very slow. These files were originally created in Quark 4.11. I've upgraded to Tiger and Quark 6.5. It's much slower than it use to be. Pissed off. HELP!!!
Good Medicine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:46 PM   #2
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Without more detailed information, double-check your print setup options in Quark, especially the PPD settings and all of the options in the 'Printer' box (button on lower left-hand corner next to 'Page Setup').
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 04:17 PM   #3
Good Medicine
macrumors newbie

Not quite sure what to do withthe ppd settings so i'll explain my situation a little better.

I'll open an old tag file then hit ?+P then enter. Then it takes almost a minute to process before sending it to the printer. In OS9 it only took a few seconds... How can i fix this? I have the latest drivers from Epson, repaired permissions etc...
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
Old Dec 15, 2005, 04:29 PM   #4
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

The print box in Quark 6.5 is an ugly and clumsy beast. Printer description is under the 'Setup' tab in the print box.

But do also check the 'Printer' option as I mentioned in my first post and see if that's set up correctly for your printer.
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 04:37 PM   #5
Good Medicine
macrumors newbie

Printer description is grayed out...

Printer is setup properly

Any ideas?
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro

Last edited by Good Medicine; Dec 15, 2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:49 AM   #6
Black&Tan
macrumors 6502a

It sounds as if you're relying on the Epson printer software/drivers. Printer descriptions would show up if you're using postscript printing software.

1. Try creating pdf's and print those, it may go quicker.
2. Is it only Quark or does this apply to other applications?
3. Either that or try and find the latest printer drivers from Epson.

Are the labels using complex line art or placed high res pictures? Are you using placed jpg's instead of tif's? As an aside, unless you're using postscript printing software, placed eps artwork will have the "jaggies" in Quark.
Black&Tan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics