Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YvonneUK1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2013
I am selling my Ipad Mini having bought the new Retina one.

I have done the restore all settings after having set up the new one and restored to it.

When I try to delete the old one from the cloud it keeps telling me I cannot delete it as it is in use.

Any ideas?

It is not much data but I have the feeling if I don't delete it it may cause problems for the new owner.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I am selling my Ipad Mini having bought the new Retina one.

I have done the restore all settings after having set up the new one and restored to it.

When I try to delete the old one from the cloud it keeps telling me I cannot delete it as it is in use.

Any ideas?

It is not much data but I have the feeling if I don't delete it it may cause problems for the new owner.
Restore the settings or re-install the OS to set it up as new?

When I get rid of old iStuff I restore it a few times, so it's ready to be set up as new for the next person. Also with the whole iMessage issue, make sure you turn it off before you restore it.

YvonneUK1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2013
Thanks I have phoned Apple who tell me the backup for my old Ipad is 'locked' until tomorrow when I can delete it.

They don't know why and neither do I! They are calling me back tomorrow to make sure I have be able to delete it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.