Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chococat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Is there a way I can download flash on my tablet? Will my tablet need it? Is there an alternative of flash?

Just curious: Can the iPad Air use flash?

Please help me and thanks!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Flash is not longer "officially" available but you should be able to find it on the net and sideload it.

As for the iPad, its not available

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
iPad's do not have flash installed (though I have never come across a time when I need it). Not too sure about the Android devices though.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Is there a way I can download flash on my tablet? Will my tablet need it? Is there an alternative of flash?

Just curious: Can the iPad Air use flash?

Please help me and thanks!

If you go to Android Central, there are links all over the forums where you can download flash. Transfer it to the tablet and then browse to that folder using an app like Astro File Manager. Tap on the flash file and it will install.

I use Firefox and have no problem accessing sites that use flash. I have a Nexus 7 but thats the way to sideload flash onto any Android tablet.

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Go to Adobe's website and visit their Archive section. You'll be able to find the latest Apk for Android. Download it. On your tablet settings , go to the Security and tick Unknown Sources. Go back to the downloaded Apk, double tap it to install.

SA Spyder

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Wow I'm proud of these replies.

I was getting ready to read a wall of "LOL FLASH SUX HURR."

But yes, Adobe's archives section is your answer. They even have a nice FAQ if you Google "android flash download."

chococat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Ok, I'll go check out on the adobe website.
The reason I want to download flash is because I want to watch Netflix on both my android cellphone and my tablet and I want to watch the latest episodes of shows from ABC and CW.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Ok, I'll go check out on the adobe website.
The reason I want to download flash is because I want to watch Netflix on both my android cellphone and my tablet and I want to watch the latest episodes of shows from ABC and CW.

Netflix does not use flash. It uses Silverlight, and there is no Silverlight on any mobile browser as far as I know. You can easily download a Netflix app to watch Netflix. No need for flash.

But if you want flash anyway. Just google "lastest flash apk" and install it. It's not hard to find at all. BTW... Chrome does work with flash even if you install it. The default browser and Firefox browser does, and it works pretty good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.