Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released the first beta of iOS 7.1 to registered developers for testing purposes. The update can be downloaded via Apple's developer center. The beta arrives as build number 11D5099e. Apple also released a new Apple TV beta.

ios71.jpg
According to the release notes, iOS 7.1 fixes some network connection issues and some other bugs. There is also a new Yahoo logo, as well as new burst mode upload options and a toggle for a 'dark keyboard' in the Accessibility settings, according to 9to5Mac.

Late last week, Apple released iOS 7.0.4 to all users, fixing an issue with FaceTime calls.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Betas of iOS 7.1, Apple TV Software to Developers

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
Hooray! This is the build I've been waiting for. I love iOS 7, but there's a slew of little bugs I've experienced that I hope get squashed.

manoftheoak

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2011
Screw new features, I'd love them to finally fix the bug with music player (skipping music when unlocking/switching apps etc.)...

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Hopefully they have not completed the release notes because thats a drastically lacking document then I was expecting from an .1 update.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
is the preview pane back in calendar? Has album view back to how it was on iOS 6 to shuffle into an album?

Jamie Clay

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
Would be nice if they offered the old UI - iOS7 on the iPhone is just too damn hard to read - I've so many friends who have the same complaint (here at the retirement home):)

lobbyist

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2008
Montreal, QC
During its tme on iOS5/6, my 4S rarely ever stopped responding/froze and never once completely locked up/springboard crashed/abrutly restarted/displayed distorted UI. Ever since upgrading iOS7, these have all become common occurrences.

Most unstable update in my experience.

Control Center is really cool though.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.