Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abba 701

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
How long do you have to pickup an item you paid for and reserved online?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
How long do you have to pickup an item you paid for and reserved online?

Last time I did this I ordered an Air for store delivery since I was out of town. I believe they sent me a reminder after three or four days that I had to come get it or they would cancel the order. I called the store and explained I was out of town and they agreed to keep it until I returned a few days later.

I don't recall seeing anything in writing when I ordered explicitly saying how many days it was though.

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Any answers?

Couldn't make it to the 2-hour mark before bumping, huh? :)

There is a defined timeline which I can't remember exactly but which you can get by calling Apple. I recently picked up two new computers that were arriving on different days. I think I was told that if the machine came into the store on Monday or Tuesday, they wanted it picked up by Sunday.

But when I called the specific store itself, they told me they didn't go by such a stringent deadline and wouldn't cancel the order and return the shipment without reaching out to the customer first.

So, in answer to your question, there is a finite, defined schedule put forth by the corporate office, but your mileage really depends on the policies of the specific store receiving the shipment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.