Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Balthezor

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
PA
Anyone know how much Apple will charge for an opened item that is returned? Bought an iPad mini for my dad last week, but he is having a hard time reading the text.

It was purchased last week and has the holiday return policy.

Thanks.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Apple doesn't charge restocking fees. Also afaik, holiday return period only applies to purchases made online and doesn't apply to purchases at the B&M stores or store pickup. You may want to verify the return period.

Balthezor

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
PA
Thank you for the reply guys. I was fearing a 15% restocking fee like Best Buy. This was an online order with store pickup.

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Apple doesn't charge restocking fees. Also afaik, holiday return period only applies to purchases made online and doesn't apply to purchases at the B&M stores or store pickup. You may want to verify the return period.

If by "store pickup" you are referring to personal pickup, then that is still an online order. It falls under the holiday policy, which states that returns are to be made by 1/7/14.

johnparjr

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Earth
Doesn't matter in store or online there's no charge and the Holiday extended time is in effect you have till January 7 in the U.S.A

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Doesn't matter in store or online there's no charge and the Holiday extended time is in effect you have till January 7 in the U.S.A

I've heard in store/pickup purchases weren't eligible for extended return, but haven't verified personally. Did you verify it with an Apple rep?

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012
I've heard in store/pickup purchases weren't eligible for extended return, but haven't verified personally. Did you verify it with an Apple rep?

If you did personal pickup, then your Apple account will show you the return date next to the item when you click "Return Items". In the unlikely event of the Apple store not accepting it within the Holiday Return policy date on your account, just print the free return label from your return status and send it off.

Balthezor

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
PA

Yes, personal pick ups from Apple online order is eligible. The lady at the Apple store at pick up told me so. Also, the Apple Online store order details state the last day is 1/7/14.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
If you did personal pickup, then your Apple account will show you the return date next to the item when you click "Return Items". In the unlikely event of the Apple store not accepting it within the Holiday Return policy date on your account, just print the free return label from your return status and send it off.

Yes, personal pick ups from Apple online order is eligible. The lady at the Apple store at pick up told me so. Also, the Apple Online store order details state the last day is 1/7/14.

Thanks! Good to know. I couldn't find the return date on my invoice.

prominence

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008

I was actually told by various store employees at my local B&M apple store that it applies to in-store purchases as well as online purchases.

THOUGH I will say my receipt for in-store purchase did have the 2-week mark on it and I did personal pick-up for my ipad Mini w/ Retina, but I'm sure if you pushed it they'd honor any in-store return under the same policy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.