Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SweetCakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
I hold down the click wheel where it says to, but it just skips to the next song.

First ipod ever. Anyone know what it could be?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Click the middle button such that you get a small diamond in the progress bar (the diamond is the part of the song you're up to) and then run your finger (or another appendage) around the click wheel (circle part) to go forwards or backwards. :)

The middle button toggles between volume, track time placement (fast forwarding) and rating the song out of five stars.

gbrozak

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2005
nano won't fast-forward

I bought two nanos as gifts this X-mas. One WILL scrub (fast-forward when you hold down the right/left click-wheel buttons), and it WILL fast-forward when you enter the "diamond" mode and move it with the click wheel.

The other nano ONLY moves forward when in "diamond" mode. Otherwise, it skips to the next track when you hold down the right arrow.

This doesn't make sense. Both should work in fast-forward mode, but I can't find a setting difference to explain this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.