Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spitroast Panda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Wirral, UK
Currently have an SGS3 16gb, but decided I fancy a change, and I was looking at a 5/5c. I can get a 5c from Amazon UK for the miserly sum of £405, but the 5 is still nearly £500! :eek: Any reason why, as surely the 5c is the newer kid on the block?

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
It will be old stock thus I bet O2 didn't pay a lot less then that from Apple themselves so they probably don't have a lot of room to drop the price without making a loss on the phone.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
The 5 is pretty much the same phone anyway...The 5C has a slightly improved battery, and of course a plastic housing.

I wouldn't let that put you off though...We just upgraded our phones with me choosing the 5S and my Fiancé the 5C as she wanted pink:eek: She's very pleased with it and it really doesn't feel cheap or nasty at all.

The 5S is of course the real upgrade, but if you can get a 5C cheaply then I'd say go with it.

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
I made the upgrade from the iPhone 4 to the 5C... couldn't e more happy. Could have bought the 5S for an extra 100$, but damn that blue 5C is beautifull!:D

rgctx

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
Tried 5C and loved it, the only thing that concerns me is the resell value later on. I noticed they are going for really cheap online right now. (ebay,cl)

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Here in Houston, TeXas the iPhone 5 and the 5c are going for the same price on craigslist which is surprising to me. I thought the 5c would get a little more since it's the newer phone but people like the 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.