Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:25 AM   #1
iGary
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Randy's House
I can't friggin decide...

Do I brave the mall and have Ritz print the 45 4" x 6" prints I need for my Christmas cards or do I use the ink here and not go out into the madness?
iGary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:27 AM   #2
gwuMACaddict
macrumors 68040
 
gwuMACaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: washington dc
you can order hour prints from costco online... i've always been happy with the quality
__________________
"if everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking"
gwuMACaddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:33 AM   #3
yellow
Moderator
 
yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGary
Do I brave the mall and have Ritz print the 45 4" x 6" prints I need for my Christmas cards or do I use the ink here and not go out into the madness?

The Mall.. you never know, you might bump into that future 'special someone'.
yellow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:43 AM   #4
iGary
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Randy's House
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow
The Mall.. you never know, you might bump into that future 'special someone'.
I have one of those.

I decided to print them out - they turn out better than the photo shop anyway.

And yes, I've decided to do my Christmas cards and not cancel Christmas. My Dad would be up in heaven, or wherever he's hanging out now cussing me out if I didn't get off my ass and be Christmassy.
iGary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:52 AM   #5
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
I still have to do mine - bleh - lots of printing and lots of aggravation. Every year I say I'm going to get it done early, but that never happens.

D
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:54 AM   #6
iGary
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Randy's House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson
I still have to do mine - bleh - lots of printing and lots of aggravation. Every year I say I'm going to get it done early, but that never happens.

D
Well, I do that, too. And always wait.

Hopefully I can get all the prints spray mounted on today, wirte my little messages in them tonight, spray mount my business cards on the back tomorrow, and off they go in the afternoon.
iGary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:12 PM   #7
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess
 
Clix Pix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGary

I decided to print them out - they turn out better than the photo shop anyway.

And yes, I've decided to do my Christmas cards and not cancel Christmas. My Dad would be up in heaven, or wherever he's hanging out now cussing me out if I didn't get off my ass and be Christmassy.

Good for you, iGary! Yeah, in the end it's kind of fun printing out your own cards, even though it takes a lot of time. This year I bought commercial cards because by the time I decided I would swing into the Christmas mode after all it was a bit late to come up with something different and creative. My mother passed away in September and I had initially thought I'd just pretend that Christmas doesn't exist this year, as certainly I am not feeling jovial, cheery and all ho-ho-ho about it, but somehow I had a change of heart...

As you said about your dad, I sense that my mother would probably come down and haunt me if I totally ignored the Christmas season! I'm just coming around to accepting the fact that yes, this and all future Christmases are going to be very different for me. Although I don't have a life partner (my husband passed away sixteen years ago) nor much in the way of family now (this is when being an only child really sucks) I do have friends and they can be "family" in a different way...

OTB
__________________
"...there were moments when I lit up the love pattern in my neurons in association with our products...literally, there is love, and I think that is true of many of our customers." -- Craig Federighi
Clix Pix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:16 PM   #8
iGary
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Randy's House
Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Brink
Good for you, iGary! Yeah, in the end it's kind of fun printing out your own cards, even though it takes a lot of time. This year I bought commercial cards because by the time I decided I would swing into the Christmas mode after all it was a bit late to come up with something different and creative. My mother passed away in September and I had initially thought I'd just pretend that Christmas doesn't exist this year, as certainly I am not feeling jovial, cheery and all ho-ho-ho about it, but somehow I had a change of heart...

As you said about your dad, I sense that my mother would probably come down and haunt me if I totally ignored the Christmas season! I'm just coming around to accepting the fact that yes, this and all future Christmases are going to be very different for me. Although I don't have a life partner (my husband passed away sixteen years ago) nor much in the way of family now (this is when being an only child really sucks) I do have friends and they can be "family" in a different way...

OTB
Yup.

I've been sitting around feeling sorry for myself because of dad leaving the planet without any notice (I'll get you back later, pops), and I'm really having to wedge my way into my stepmothers side of the family I've ignored for so long, but luckily they are good folks.

So I'll make the best of it...for dad.
iGary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:18 PM   #9
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
I buy double sided matt paper and print on both side, fold, write a little note (my wife does most of those) and stick it in an envelope - doing the spray mount on 100+ cards would be torture.

I hope everyone who gets your cards appreciates the effort.

D
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:29 PM   #10
iGary
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Randy's House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson
I buy double sided matt paper and print on both side, fold, write a little note (my wife does most of those) and stick it in an envelope - doing the spray mount on 100+ cards would be torture.

I hope everyone who gets your cards appreciates the effort.

D
I think they do, plus I send them out to clients, my doctors, veterinarian etc, so it's good for business.

No one ever says "WOW thanks," but oh well.

This year's pic:

iGary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:30 PM   #11
yellow
Moderator
 
yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGary
I have one of those.
To hell with it then! Crowds suck! And each minute brings you closer to the hell of Last Minute Bachelors Shopping. <shudder>

Nice pic, reminds me of my broarding school in Maine.. once upon a million years ago.
yellow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:36 PM   #12
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess
 
Clix Pix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGary
Yup.

I've been sitting around feeling sorry for myself because of dad leaving the planet without any notice (I'll get you back later, pops), and I'm really having to wedge my way into my stepmothers side of the family I've ignored for so long, but luckily they are good folks.

So I'll make the best of it...for dad.

Ouch....at least I had some preparation time, knowing what was coming. I spent the entire summer down in NC with my mother during her last illness, but even with anticipation of the inevitable, it still was very difficult afterward. It must be really awful to have someone leave your life unexpectedly, with no warning whatsoever....

OTB
__________________
"...there were moments when I lit up the love pattern in my neurons in association with our products...literally, there is love, and I think that is true of many of our customers." -- Craig Federighi
Clix Pix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:40 PM   #13
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess
 
Clix Pix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGary
I think they do, plus I send them out to clients, my doctors, veterinarian etc, so it's good for business.

No one ever says "WOW thanks," but oh well.

WOW, thanks!!

Really a nice shot! That's one of the government buildings in Annapolis, right? (For those who might not realize it, Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland and a very picturesque town.)

OTB
__________________
"...there were moments when I lit up the love pattern in my neurons in association with our products...literally, there is love, and I think that is true of many of our customers." -- Craig Federighi
Clix Pix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 04:30 PM   #14
-hh
macrumors 68020
 
-hh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ Highlands, Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Brink
Really a nice shot! That's one of the government buildings in Annapolis, right? (For those who might not realize it, Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland and a very picturesque town.)
I'm pretty sure it is; last time I was there, the traffic circle here was under reconstruction. That really is a nice shot with the snow in the trees (last week's snowstorm?)...overall, I think iGary found his winner shot for Assignment #1.


-hh
-hh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't decide between a 4S or a 5 ICON5o2 iPhone 39 Dec 11, 2012 06:48 PM
Can't decide desgnr iPad 4 Oct 23, 2012 12:03 AM
Finally, Gmail is updated "unofficially" and friggin awesome xuselppa Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 5 Oct 14, 2012 12:56 AM
RMBP friggin' dead pixels are driving me nuts macbook123 MacBook Pro 1 Sep 6, 2012 09:02 PM
I can't decide! Help! HenryHealy MacBook Pro 11 Jun 16, 2012 04:31 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC