Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I got the new mini a week ago and love it. The only thing I noticed (which I dont remember if even having it on my mini 1) is that there is some lagging with certain actions. Specifically I noticed for example if I pitch out with 4-5 fingers from home screen to show all open apps and then either pitch back in or click the home button to close go back, this action is not smooth and I can tell there is a lag as if the graphics stuck or something. Anyone else noticing this and do you think it is worth exchanging?
I actually have a boxed new mini in my house that I ordered online (ended up getting mine as a pick up same day) but didnt want to open it just for comparison and returned an open box. I would rather just return to apple an unused new device....

Tork

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2006
Yep, 7.1 should (hopefully) fix this. iOS 7 is far from optimized for the iPad at this point, and what you describe is something I've noticed on ones I've played with too.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Hmmmm. Just tried it.....seems completely smooth on my retina Mini. I have a 64GB LTE for Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.