Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
So i thought i would write a post here just becuase i'm in a good mood and need to share it with someone!!

After years behind the lens i have finally been signed to a media company :)

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Congratulations and very well done. I can well understand why you are delighted - and landing a job in an area of interest is always a wonderful experience. In any case, I hope it works out very well for you and that your new job turns out to be a rewarding and fulfilling one, both personally and professionally.

How about changing the verb - or adding another - in your thread title? Until I read your post, I wasn't quite sure what you meant; indeed, I assumed that the verb 'stoked' meant the opposite until I consulted a dictionary.......

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
updated it :)

i can't provide links but needless to say it's for a big modified car team. Roll on the good times :)

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
just stills for the moment. aiming to get involved in video side of things soon :) here is one of my shots.

IMG_5327.jpg

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161

How about changing the verb - or adding another - in your thread title? Until I read your post, I wasn't quite sure what you meant; indeed, I assumed that the verb 'stoked' meant the opposite until I consulted a dictionary.......[/SIZE]

updated it :)

i can't provide links but needless to say it's for a big modified car team. Roll on the good times :)

Alright, maybe nitpicking, but as far as i'm concerned, on the front page side menu, I read "Really pleased myself :)" :D

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
I see you live in Exeter, that's awesome! Where do you take your photos? I'm based in Plymouth.

I shoot pretty much anywhere, i work at Modified Mania and Dakota raceway. Also out and about at places like Japfest and Traxx

I can often be found night shooting around Exeter though.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Alright, maybe nitpicking, but as far as i'm concerned, on the front page side menu, I read "Really pleased myself :)" :D

It has long been dealt with, but the thread originally read 'stoked' which had me baffled. This was a verb I had never encountered, except in the context of 'stoking' the furnaces of steam ships, so I suggested amending it, while congratulating the OP on the fact that he had successfully landed a job he had long dreamed of obtaining.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
So i thought i would write a post here just becuase i'm in a good mood and need to share it with someone!!

Congratulations, Mate!:D

It's wonderful that you are now able to make a decent living (I assume...and hope) while pursuing your art.

(And if you want to please yourself...that's good too!:eek: :p)

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
haha!,

well it's actually unpaid but i get to go to all the big car shows free and get to take my shots to the next level by going places i hadn't before so that is reward enough. Maybe one day i'll go pro and get paid but for me it's just a passion and i do it for the love of motorsport and cars :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Grats! What kind of a media company, one focused on car photos like an auto magazine?

haha!,
well it's actually unpaid but i get to go to all the big car shows free and get to take my shots to the next level by going places i hadn't before so that is reward enough. Maybe one day i'll go pro and get paid but for me it's just a passion and i do it for the love of motorsport and cars :)

I don't understand. They sign you, but expect you to work for free? Are you an employee or a free lance photographer who has just been granted access?

geoffpalmeruk

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
Really Pleased with myself :)

The team are a non-proffit media team who host an online magazine. Basically i have joined the team. I guess if you simplify it it's a group of friends who take pictures of cars, post them online and just get free entry to shows for promoting the car scene

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.