Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DynamicNotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
I am migrating from PC to Imac and dont want to use any more RAM using parallels from my microsoft quickbooks if apple has an app that is = to QB.
No employees, no payroll, just professional looking printable invoices and ability to send estimates through the app.

Egroup

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2013
Try looking at Cognito's Moneyworks

There are 4 different versions of the product from a cashbook to enterprise level. We've used it for about 4 years now - blows quickbooks away in most areas.

You should be aware that there is no easy way to migrate data out of quickbooks, so that this conversion will most likely be a cold startup into what ever product you choose.

http://www.Cognito.co.nz will get you to there site, there is a USA version.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
I am migrating from PC to Imac and dont want to use any more RAM using parallels from my microsoft quickbooks if apple has an app that is = to QB.
No employees, no payroll, just professional looking printable invoices and ability to send estimates through the app.

I did the same thing - moved away from QB and started using Accountedge. Similar to Moneyworks. I went with it for the simple reason it was cheaper at the time (not sure if still is?).

Works great. No problems.

I'm in the same boat - no payroll, no employees - just want to print invoices and keep track of client sales etc.. Reporting is nice and easy - can export out to various formats.

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Quickbooks 2014 Mac is $180, and Accountedge is $300 for pro and $100 for basic. I use Quickbooks 2013 and use it very lightly, as most functions I don't use. I kept with it from Windows to Mac just for the simplicity of no conversion.

The Quickbooks price is pretty decent and expires on the 22nd of this month, and after that it goes to the normal $250

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.