Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released an updated version of OS X 10.9.1 for developers and AppleSeed members, which carries a build number of 13B35. The first version of 10.9.1 seeded to developers last week had a build number of 13B27.

mavericks13b31.jpg
Build 13B35 of OS X 10.9.1 includes several fixes for Gmail in OS X Mail, along with improvements to Smart Mailbox functionality. It also fixes an emoji bug with VoiceOver and provides updates to the Shared Links tab when the Safari Sidebar is open. Apple previously released several Mail fixes in a standalone Mail update for Mavericks users.
The 10.9.1 update improves the stability and compatibility of your Mac, and is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users.

The update includes the following fixes:

- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
- Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
- Improves compatibility of the VPN server in OS X Server
Registered developers and AppleSeed members can download the update through the software update tool in the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Seeds New Build of OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta to Developers

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
I hope it fixes more than this. We need a fix to the slowness of finder in open / save dialogue boxes.

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
Wait...

So mountain lion server VPN works fine with multiple clients... meanwhile mavericks servers fails with a ton of different clients including mavericks. So instead of fixing the server side they are fixing the clients side?

What am I missing here??:confused:

laurihoefs

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
Wait...

So mountain lion server VPN works fine with multiple clients... meanwhile mavericks servers fails with a ton of different clients including mavericks. So instead of fixing the server side they are fixing the clients side?

That the server and client are the same OS?

Note that release notes say compatibility of the VPN server, not with the VPN server:
- Improves compatibility of the VPN server in OS X Server

dtelena

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Apple SHOULD fix the problems with the MacBook Pro Retina Displays 15 inch (2012 & 2013) where the machines freezes randomly after installing Mavericks. This is CRITICAL !!!

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Wait...

I am reading that as they are updating the "OS X Server" package, which is the server part. But there is also the possibility of user error :cool:

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
To fix in Safari:

- Double tab to zoom isn't as smooth as it was under ML, at least on some sites.
- Lots of sites keep hanging while being loaded, the blue bar starts going from left to right and stops halfway. This often happens on MacRumors Anyone else got this problem?
- Flash issues, my MacBook Air still lags on 1080p or even 720p youtube videos.

Im suer there is more, but that's what I can think of right now that really needs to be fixed.

Screwtape

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009
Apple SHOULD fix the problems with the MacBook Pro Retina Displays 15 inch (2012 & 2013) where the machines freezes randomly after installing Mavericks. This is CRITICAL !!!

This is probably caused by Spotlight indexing your computer.

Maltz

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2011
That the server and client are the same OS?

This. The OS X "Server" app is mostly just a configuration front-end for tools that are already present in every copy of OS X. The server-side VPN bug exists in all copies of Mavericks, whether the "Server" app is installed or not.

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
I am reading that as they are updating the "OS X Server" package, which is the server part. But there is also the possibility of user error :cool:

Sure users error... go read the reviews of Server 3.0.1 in the app store. So much user error.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Should this be showing up in as a software update in the App Store, or do I need to download directly from dev portal?

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
This. The OS X "Server" app is mostly just a configuration front-end for tools that are already present in every copy of OS X. The server-side VPN bug exists in all copies of Mavericks, whether the "Server" app is installed or not.

I think Maltz just posted the most likely explanation above :)

Great point, I forgot that Apple uses VPN for 'Back to my mac'. So there is a VPN server in the OS whether or not you are using 'Server'. Hence why back to my mac and vpn have port conflicts.

TheMacPotato

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2006
London
I know I'm on one of the oldest Macs still supported (mid 2007 iMac), but Mail, set up with Gmail is practically unusable. Opening it kills my poor old Mac, everything just grinds to a halt.

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Sigh

Just tell me why selecting shutdown takes twenty or more minutes on mavericks on a Corei7 machine. It just sits there and does NOTHING with a gray screen and a mouse pointer. I get impatient and just forcibly shut the darned thing off. Irritating.

Last edited:

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
There is a lot more wrong with Mavericks than the bullet points listed above. I sure hope Apple fixes much much more than this. Since upgrading to OS X Mavericks, my 2012 MacBook Pro has become all but useless. It is so slow that it is basically a $2300 paperweight

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
Safari borked, hangs up loading sites, Periodic comp freeze on start up, email is screwy - some accts lag in connecting, OS is slower, still waiting for the fix... :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.