Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 22, 2013, 01:32 AM   #1
bbishop93
macrumors regular

How can I tell me iPhone 5 is charging when dead?

So my charging has been all eff'd up lately and idk why but in any event my phone died and when I go to charge it it has that display of the lightning cord and a dead battery but when I charge it and hold the charger as I do normally the screen just goes black and doesn't flash that dead battery animation. Is it charging? Like when the phone is completely dead and you plug it in how do you know if it is charging properly?
bbishop93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2013, 02:04 AM   #2
bbishop93
macrumors regular

Figured it out never mind but for future reference to anyone with the latest version of ios7 if your phone is completely dead and it flashes the dead battery and lightning symbol when it IS plugged in, that means it is NOT charging. When it is just black as in looks completely off while it IS plugged in then it IS charging and will turn on automatically in about 15-20 minutes.
bbishop93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2013, 06:12 AM   #3
Twimfy
macrumors 6502a

Seriously?
Twimfy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Lucille Carter
macrumors 65816

It is really not an iOS7 thing.

If your battery is dead it will take 15-20 minutes of charging for it to boot up and know where it's battery is. This has always been the case.

It is not good to let your battery discharge till dead.
Lucille Carter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

People get all freaked out seeing something different.

What else you gonna do other than plug it in? This is not a car battery, can't be "trickle" charged.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone