Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krazykleo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2013
Everywhere and nowhere
Hi all. So I was studying in the library tonight and was listening to music while studying. I turn my MBA off for about 30 mins and ended up listening to music on my iphone and when I finally ended up opening my laptop for school work I turned the music on and nothing. No sound. I thought maybe i turned off the volume or mute or whatever. Still nothing. Tried sleep and waking it up again with no success.

Rebooted and it seemed to work again. I have the mid 2013 model so anyone know what actually happened??? quite frustrating as I had biology videos to watch :( lol

krazykleo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2013
Everywhere and nowhere
Hi all. So I was studying in the library tonight and was listening to music while studying. I turn my MBA off for about 30 mins and ended up listening to music on my iphone and when I finally ended up opening my laptop for school work I turned the music on and nothing. No sound. I thought maybe i turned off the volume or mute or whatever. Still nothing. Tried sleep and waking it up again with no success.

Rebooted and it seemed to work again. I have the mid 2013 model so anyone know what actually happened??? quite frustrating as I had biology videos to watch :( lol

Happened again. Really frustrating especially for school work. Should I call apple about it? really tedious having to restart it every freakin' time it wakes up and no sound is produced...

Jpeppard

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2013
What program are you using to play music?

I would say general SMC and PRAM reset to see if that helps any, if not restore is next, if it's still broken most likely hardware related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.