Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Black Friday, which is a major shopping day in the United States, marks the kickoff of the holiday shopping season.

During Black Friday, retailers often offer significant discounts on popular products to lure customers into their stores, so we've gathered all of the best deals on Apple products and accessories into a comprehensive roundup.

In the roundup, we've listed the best deals on popular Apple products at the top of the page, which is followed by a list of deals by retailer. There's also a list of notable discounts on accessories and software, as well as a section that covers broader holiday deals.

blackfriday.jpg
Currently, the best deals on iPads can be found at Target, where an iPad Air is essentially priced down to $379 after taking into account a $100 Target gift card with purchase. Walmart is offering the original iPad mini for $199 ($299 with a $100 Walmart gift card). As for the Retina iPad mini, Target is offering a $75 gift card with the purchase of any mini, but it is unclear how much Retina mini stock stores will have. Target stores have begun receiving small quantities of Retina iPad minis this week.

For the iPhone 5s, Walmart is offering the best price at $114 (including $75 gift card) with a two year contract. Target is offering a $50 discount, bringing the price to $150. Walmart also has the best price on the iPhone 5c, essentially paying customers $30 to purchase one ($45 base price plus a $75 gift card). Sam's Club also has a holiday sale on November 24 where the iPhone 5c will be sold for $0.96.

Because there is a week remaining until Black Friday, there are still multiple retailers who have yet to release holiday pricing. Apple, for example, always offers small price cuts on its products and is likely to do so again this year.

We will continue to keep tabs on the best deals available and update our Black Friday roundup over the course of the next week as new discounts continue to surface. The Black Friday roundup, along with the rest of our roundups, can be accessed through our roundup index page or through the "Roundups" tab in the navigation bar on all MacRumors pages.

Article Link: Find the Best Holiday Shopping Deals With MacRumors' Black Friday Roundup

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
We give our thanks on Thanksgiving for all we have, then proceed to buy new things we want the day after.

That being said, I do want to get the original iPad mini from WalMart. :p

FirstNTenderbit

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Atlanta
Sad

Walmart also has the best price on the iPhone 5c, essentially paying customers $30 to purchase one ($45 base price plus a $75 gift card).

Does anyone else find this a little sad? I personally think the 5C is a good phone that has some unfortunate circumstances surrounding it.

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
Every year I give thanks for not being one of the scores of people who find pleasure in participating in "Black Friday Shenanigans". Ya'll enjoy the lines and traffic. I will be at home with a beer. :D

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I love my 5C. I mean, I was happy with my 4S too, but AT&T kind of forces you to upgrade every two years. Nothing about it makes me wish I had a 5S instead. I do wish it had some darker color options, but I'll take pastel plastic over the sharp-edged 5S.

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
Walmart also has the best price on the iPhone 5c, essentially paying customers $30 to purchase one ($45 base price plus a $75 gift card).

Does anyone else find this a little sad? I personally think the 5C is a good phone that has some unfortunate circumstances surrounding it.

The 5C would be a fantastic phone if they had pulled the 4s and made it the entry level device.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Wait… Where is Walmart's advertised price of $199 for the original iPad mini? I'm seeing $299 on the website.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
Currently, the best deals on iPads can be found at Target, where an iPad Air is essentially priced down to $379 after taking into account a $100 Target gift card with purchase.

That's not accurate.

You get the $100 gift card AFTER you buy the iPad for $479+ Tax.

Basically they are expecting you to use that $100 towards iPad accessories or something else.

You cannot use it on the iPad purchase.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
We give our thanks on Thanksgiving for all we have, then proceed to buy new things we want the day after.

That being said, I do want to get the original iPad mini from WalMart. :p

You mean the same day since stores are opening on Thanksgiving. :p

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Wait… Where is Walmart's advertised price of $199 for the original iPad mini? I'm seeing $299 on the website.

It's a Black Friday deal. You pay $299 for mini and get a $100 gift card. It's not on their web page yet. of course, you have to go to Wal Mart on black friday and hope they have some left.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon

I find it sad only in that people think they are being paid, yet have to pay over $2000 in the next two years for the contract. Now *thats* sad.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
That's not accurate.

You get the $100 gift card AFTER you buy the iPad for $479+ Tax.

Basically they are expecting you to use that $100 towards iPad accessories or something else.

You cannot use it on the iPad purchase.

While you are correct that it can't be applied to the purchase of the iPad itself, the assumption is that a gift card to a place like Target or Walmart is as good as cash for almost everyone. Do some grocery shopping or something there to use it up.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
It's a Black Friday deal. You pay $299 for mini and get a $100 gift card. It's not on their web page yet. of course, you have to go to Wal Mart on black friday and hope they have some left.

My question is, where is the advertisement for this deal?

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012

thunderstorm

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
England, UK
Sometimes some stores in the UK participate in Black Friday deals, does anyone over here know if there'll be any Apple Black Friday deals in, say, Tesco or John Lewis or anywhere like that?

TaoTeJordan

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2013
Anyone know if the Target ipad deal includes cellular versions? I heard they only carry wifi in stores. Otherwise I suspect Macmall to have the best deals. Last year they had about $50 off plus no sales tax in most states. And you don't even have to leave the house!

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Anyone have any luck calling up Apple and having them match these discounts retroactively on previous purchases, or getting an equivalent gift card out of them?

UnfetteredMind

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012

And hope you don't get trampled in the rush when they open the doors like previous years.

I think I'll just shop online and stay alive ($100 is not worth my life).

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
Be sure to check your local store's Black Friday hours, as they may not correspond to the hours listed in this article. For example, my local Target is not opening until 1 am on the 29th.

Also, the 20% off a shopping trip coupon is only good between Dec 1st and 7th at my local store.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Sad? It's sad that Walmart actually does not have the best price on the iPhone 5c.

This Sunday (yes, 11/24), Sam's Club is selling the 5c with a 2-year contract for .96. That's right, 96 *cents*.

As far as the 5c goes, forget Black Friday. This Sunday is what you'll want.

BL.

lbjsong

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
:(

NO BLACKFRIDAY D/C ON IPAD MINI w/ Retina Display :(

only $50 differences between Mini and Air.
that will make many people's decisions very simple

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I figure my time is worth more then standing in line for these deals. Best of luck to people who do shop Black Friday but I'll be enjoying Thanksgiving and sleeping in late on Friday morning :D.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I figure my time is worth more then standing in line for these deals. Best of luck to people who do shop Black Friday but I'll be enjoying Thanksgiving and sleeping in late on Friday morning :D.

I'm actually going to work on Friday morning, and by choice, at that.

By choice, because where my office is at, Best Buy and OfficeMax are in the building next to me, Target and Barnes and Noble, and Burlington Coat Factory are across the street, Walmart, Staples, and Home Depot are behind me across the street, Fry's is the next exit up, and IKEA is the exit behind me. Security won't let any shoppers park in the lot where my building is at, so I have walking access to everything I might want. I got done with all my Black Friday shopping by 10am, and all contained in my normal commute to work.

BL.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Anyone know if the Target ipad deal includes cellular versions? I heard they only carry wifi in stores. Otherwise I suspect Macmall to have the best deals. Last year they had about $50 off plus no sales tax in most states. And you don't even have to leave the house!

I'm not sure if the Target deal includes the cellular versions, but I assume it would if they sold them. They don't sell at least some (all?) of them in stores, however, and I really doubt this will work online. (Even if it doesn't, their store card will take a bit over $31 off the 16 GB cellular's $629 price, so it's not bad considering tax--but hopefully there's another discount.)

As for MacMall, they hardly appear to have any new iPads in stock online (you can call, but I'm not sure how that works). Not sure I have much hope for them now.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010

Agreed. All this BF BS is really getting old, I saw a television commercial for a BF sale on cars! You know, because the dealers work all year selling cars, and only the day after thanksgiving do they get into the black and make their year. :rolleyes:

Between nonsense like this and stores opening earlier and earlier or having Black Friday "month", shark jumped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.