Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BNHabs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Purchased Retina iPad Mini.

Colors seem to be even, no yellow tint (at least not noticeable to me). No Image retention, no dead pixels, no dust.

However, on max brightness, in a dark room, there is a small slight light leak in the bottom left corner on a black background. Not huge, but minimal.

Does this warrant an exchange and should I do one or is my device fine?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Does this warrant an exchange and should I do one or is my device fine?

I think only you can answer that. How much does it bug you? And how much do you want to risk getting an iPad with some other defect?

I'd also recommend not using max brightness in a dark room. Just sayin....

BNHabs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
I think only you can answer that. How much does it bug you? And how much do you want to risk getting an iPad with some other defect?

I'd also recommend not using max brightness in a dark room. Just sayin....

Well given that its very minimal, and only occurs if you look for it in a dark room, I'm not sure?

Also, I'm very sure that my screen is white and not yellow at the bottom. If it's not noticeable (I have good eyes), then its not there correct?

Pretty paranoid right now lol

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Well given that its very minimal, and only occurs if you look for it in a dark room, I'm not sure?

Also, I'm very sure that my screen is white and not yellow at the bottom. If it's not noticeable (I have good eyes), then its not there correct?

If it looks good to you, then it's good. No one else's opinion matters. Enjoy your new iPad and be confident Apple will make it right if your iPad develops any problems within the next 12 months.

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well.... Will you ever use it to view a dark screen at max brightness in a dark room? I'm not being a wise guy, or making a snide comment, so please take this as simply a helpful question. ;) My Air lives at 50% brightness, except while in bed, when I turn it down to around 25% brightness.

Sounds good enough to me, so enjoy. :)

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania

Don't read too much into the threads here. I'm not denying that some people are unhappy with their new device, but many others are delighted. ZBoater's comments are spot on.

If you look hard enough, you'll find fault with anything. I spoke to the Apple rep at Best Buy last night, and he said people are bringing in magnifying lenses to look for dead pixels while still in the store. I'm pretty picky about the stuff I buy, and it's understandable. Don't let it stand in the way of enjoying the tablet I haven't bought yet. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.