Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yokj6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
To start, I would like to clarify that I have very little idea of how to jailbreak or use the things from Cydia or whatever it is called, so if there is a way to do it without using those, that would be great!

I have iOS version 6.1.2 and have no plans of upgrading to iOS 7, mostly because my phone is old enough that it doesn't have the ability to.

I have three apps in my store that I have updates for, but they all are just updated to help with minor bugs on iOS 7, therefore I don't need them.

Can I get rid of the red dot without updating/deleting the apps?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
you should be able to update the apps in the app store, and NOT affect the jailbreak or the OS. the apps updating are separate than the OS updates, which aren't in the app store, they are in the settings menu.

yokj6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
I get that... I'm saying I don't want to update the apps. The updates for the apps are for bug fixes for an OS I'm not going to get so there's no reason for me to get them updated. Is there a way to get rid of the red notification for on the App Store without updating the apps is what I'm asking.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I think you should just update the apps. In the end, you don't lose any space or speed, but you will lose the red dot.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I get that... I'm saying I don't want to update the apps. The updates for the apps are for bug fixes for an OS I'm not going to get so there's no reason for me to get them updated. Is there a way to get rid of the red notification for on the App Store without updating the apps is what I'm asking.

there also updating the apps as a whole, they don't just apply to iOS 7 users. just update them. the same apps that are not iOS 7 ready or specifically have iOS 7 apps and iOS 6 apps, the proper version is the one that your phone will download the update for. just update the apps, i don't see what the issue is.

and if you still want the badge gone, then turn off app store badges in the notification settings.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I don't see an App Store setting under notification. Oh well this doesn't bother me as much as that darned IOS7 update, something irreversible! took me a couple of days to get rid of that.

Resist bloatware updates!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I don't see an App Store setting under notification. Oh well this doesn't bother me as much as that darned IOS7 update, something irreversible! took me a couple of days to get rid of that.

Resist bloatware updates!

settings > notification center > app store > badge app icon > off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.