Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 17, 2005, 09:51 PM   #1
skipunk
macrumors newbie

mySQL install help

Hi

after I upgraded to Tiger, my mysql database didn't work. So I removed the install reciept and mysql to itself and downloaded mysql 5. It installs fine, but when I try to start the server, i get this

sudo ./bin/mysqld_safe
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/mysql/data/127.0.0.1.pid
051217 20:44:12 mysqld ended

I have tried changing the hostname from 127.0.0.1 to localhost and I still get the same thing. I have changed the permissions on the data folder too, so I am not sure what is wrong, any ideas/solutions?

Thanks
skipunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 09:58 PM   #2
slooksterPSV
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to slooksterPSV Send a message via MSN to slooksterPSV Send a message via Yahoo to slooksterPSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipunk
Hi

after I upgraded to Tiger, my mysql database didn't work. So I removed the install reciept and mysql to itself and downloaded mysql 5. It installs fine, but when I try to start the server, i get this

sudo ./bin/mysqld_safe
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/mysql/data/127.0.0.1.pid
051217 20:44:12 mysqld ended

I have tried changing the hostname from 127.0.0.1 to localhost and I still get the same thing. I have changed the permissions on the data folder too, so I am not sure what is wrong, any ideas/solutions?

Thanks
I have MySQL Installed on my iBook (#1 see siggy) and in my System Preferences I have a MySQL Pref. Pane where I can start and stop it. I think it came with MySQL 5 by default, try that if its there otherwise, try repairing permissions all together (Disk Utility). Those are my two ideas.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming