Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigdawg4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
or for black friday? I just bought a 15" Retina 2.0 Ghz 8gb 256 ssd gb with my government discount with applcare(239) for 1,899. Does anyone know of a better deal before my 14 day return window closes?

Last edited:

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
or for black friday? I just bought a 15" Retina 2.0 Ghz 8gb 256 ssd gb with my government discount with applcare(239) for 1,899. Does anyone know of a better deal before my 14 day return window closes?

Got the base model 15" rMBP today from B&H for $1749 (their site says $1899 right now, but you can call in and still get the deal). Comes with either a Parallels/LoJack combo pack or a laptop case. And it's tax free, unless you live in NY.

Bigdawg4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Got the base model 15" rMBP today from B&H for $1749 (their site says $1899 right now, but you can call in and still get the deal). Comes with either a Parallels/LoJack combo pack or a laptop case. And it's tax free, unless you live in NY.

I think best buy has the same price or will this friday. The place I bought it from here in macon, Ga is now PeachMac is now having a black friday sale where you get $200 off the price I just paid 7 days ago. I called and asked since I just bought it can I come in friday for a $200 gift card that way I get the same deal and they get $200 in purchases from me in the future. They said no, that I would have to return it then repurchase a different laptop. How much sense does that make? I am a process analyst...I am pretty sure this is what they call waste...lol

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I think best buy has the same price or will this friday. The place I bought it from here in macon, Ga is now PeachMac is now having a black friday sale where you get $200 off the price I just paid 7 days ago. I called and asked since I just bought it can I come in friday for a $200 gift card that way I get the same deal and they get $200 in purchases from me in the future. They said no, that I would have to return it then repurchase a different laptop. How much sense does that make? I am a process analyst...I am pretty sure this is what they call waste...lol

Read the fine print on that Peach Mac ad. Saw it earlier today and it says the $200 off is for the 2.3 i7 model, meaning they are basically trying to use that to unload their mid-2012 back stock.

They charge a re-stock fee on those returns too. I think it's 15%.

Bigdawg4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Read the fine print on that Peach Mac ad. Saw it earlier today and it says the $200 off is for the 2.3 i7 model, meaning they are basically trying to use that to unload their mid-2012 back stock.

They charge a re-stock fee on those returns too. I think it's 15%.

Good catch, I didnt see it was a different model. But I did call and ask about their return policy and they did not mention a restocking fee. It is also not on the receipt.
IMG_1756.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.