Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Hello all,

I just noticed this morning on bestbuy.com that they are giving My Best Buy Elite Plus members 8-10% discount on all iPad Airs. You won't see the price until you view your cart. Not sure if this discount is also available to Elite members.

So if you're looking to get a good deal on an iPad Air this week, this might be the one to get, assuming you're an Elite Plus (or Elite) member. Not sure how long this will last. I didn't get an e-mail from Best Buy, nor was there any ad showing this discount on bestbuy.com

Ordered mine. :D

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Hello all,

I just noticed this morning on bestbuy.com that they are giving My Best Buy Elite Plus members 8-10% discount on all iPad Airs. You won't see the price until you view your cart. Not sure if this discount is also available to Elite members.

So if you're looking to get a good deal on an iPad Air this week, this might be the one to get, assuming you're an Elite Plus (or Elite) member. Not sure how long this will last. I didn't get an e-mail from Best Buy, nor was there any ad showing this discount on bestbuy.com

Yeah, I saw the deal too. I purchased my Air on November 4th, so I'm past the 15 day Price Guarantee.

I called up Best Buy to inquire about a price adjustment on my $799.99 128gb Air down to the sale price of $729.99 but they said no.

I'm scheming now to see about ordering this online for the sale price then returning my more expensive Air, but I'm not sure its worth all the hassle since my first was bought with Gift Cards and MyBestBuy reward certs.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Hello all,

I ordered for me and the wife. Think it's interesting how they want certain members to feel elite with special incentives vs regular consumers, yet they don't even email the elite members to tell them about the sale.

Check this out....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/qode-ul...68&skuId=1712296&st=iPad air belkin&cp=1&lp=6

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Yeah, I saw the deal too. I purchased my Air on November 4th, so I'm past the 15 day Price Guarantee.

I called up Best Buy to inquire about a price adjustment on my $799.99 128gb Air down to the sale price of $729.99 but they said no.
I thought that if you see a lower price, or Best Buy itself had a sale, within 30 days, you could get it adjusted as long as you brought it up during that sale period.

Also, maybe the sale price needs to be for everyone, not just Elite, for Best Buy to honor the price match.

So confused. :confused:

Nice! No in store pickup?
I don't know. I assume it would depend on whether the local store had it in stock or not.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
But, you do have a 45 day return policy. If they want to refuse a price match, then return it and re-buy at the sale price.

I may upgrade my 32GB on Black Friday. Not sure it's worth the trouble though...

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007

I'm scheming now to see about ordering this online for the sale price then returning my more expensive Air, but I'm not sure its worth all the hassle since my first was bought with Gift Cards and MyBestBuy reward certs.

I was thinking about doing that too with my 64GB Air.. I'll call tomorrow and see what they say. If they won't then I'll be ok.

----------

BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee:
If you find a lower price on BestBuy.com or in a Best Buy Retail Store for the same brand and model during the exchange and return period, we will match that price. For purchases made on BestBuy.com, we will not match our competitors' store or website prices.

The BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee does not apply to Best Buy Retail stores or BestBuy.com for:

Offers that include shipping charge discounts, gift with purchase, services, financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers and online only offers.
Items that are limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, Outlet Center, refurbished/used, and items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
For more details, see our BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electro...ls/pcmcat197500050006.c?id=pcmcat197500050006

Under these guidelines, shouldn't they price match it though? Why don't you try going to a store tomorrow, pull up that page and show it to them.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
I was thinking about doing that too with my 64GB Air.. I'll call tomorrow and see what they say. If they won't then I'll be ok.

----------

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electro...ls/pcmcat197500050006.c?id=pcmcat197500050006

Under these guidelines, shouldn't they price match it though? Why don't you try going to a store tomorrow, pull up that page and show it to them.
There is the clause that the price match guarantee does not apply to "online only offers" and this discount seems to be online only. So, that's too bad. Still, can't hurt to try.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
For whatever reason, the deal you guys are talking about, isn't coming up for me. I've added it to my cart and it's still regular price. I am an elite plus member :confused:

I'm actually contemplating returning the iPad altogether. Maybe because of the holidays but spending $650 on this thing is getting to me. I know I still have almost 3 weeks to decide if I'm going to keep it or not, but what is this I hear about Best Buy banning some people for returning items too often? Last year I bought the iPad 4, twice, and returned it twice because after a while I stopped using it. Do you guys think if I return it again I might get "banned"?

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
There is the clause that the price match guarantee does not apply to "online only offers" and this discount seems to be online only. So, that's too bad. Still, can't hurt to try.

Interesting if it's online only... Damn.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
For whatever reason, the deal you guys are talking about, isn't coming up for me. I've added it to my cart and it's still regular price. I am an elite plus member :confused:
Make sure you are logged in with your bestbuy.com account.

But it looks like the promo is over. I'm seeing them back to the regular price in my cart. Sorry.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
They have new terms for the holidays. Previous online purchases are only matched up to 15 days and this went into effect on 11/21. Hence my confusion because it was 30 and the person on the phone pointed this out to me.

My issue is that if I return my original Air I don't know how MyBestBuy credits would be returned to me and the remaining balance was paid in gift cards so I'd be stuck paying out of pocket for this deal and then having a returned item gift card sitting in my pocket.

Google: Best Buy low price guarantee and see the last sentence

Low Price Guarantee
Online or In Store: Find a Lower Price and We'll Match It.
If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or shipped from and sold by a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store or shipped from and sold by a designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

Darthpnoy88

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
LA
I got the email from BBY yesterday and was able to order the Air 16GB ATT version. From the looks of the site I checked it out today again it was back to regular price for me. It was a one day exclusive event for Elite members.

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
I got the email from BBY yesterday and was able to order the Air 16GB ATT version. From the looks of the site I checked it out today again it was back to regular price for me. It was a one day exclusive event for Elite members.

Apparently not all elite members got the email. :(

creed16

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
I purchased a 32gb air yesterday. Received shipping notice last night and it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. And I also received an email yesterday morning letting me know about the sale, but I saw it here first anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.